The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 5, 2000, 04:08 PM   #1
Fusternc

Tell me..

I already have bullseye and unique powders and CCI Smal pistol primers. Whats your favorite bullet, and powder (type and weight)for this cartridge? Thanks!

Nathan...

Old March 7, 2000, 07:53 PM   #2
mbott

Have you checked the reloading pages at www.makarov.com? Since my Mak just arrived today (yes!), I haven't had the opportunity to start reloading for it, but I've been doing the research. Right now I'm leaning towards starting with the 100 gr lead round nose over Bullseye load. Price appears right on the copper-washed bullets from NBC.
Old March 7, 2000, 10:55 PM   #3
Fusternc

Hi Mbott,
Yeah I have looked over at makarov.com. You might wanna look over at Midway instead of NBC. The bullets you speak of over at NBC at $41 plus ~$9 shipping. For $2 LESS, you could get Rainier electrojacketed 95gr 9mm mak bullets from Midwayusa.com and not have all that potential leading problem or lead hazards. PLUS, the shipping is free. I have used over 500 rounds of Rainier bullets in .45ACP, and have had very good results. I have no affiliation with either Midway OR Rainier..just one very happy customer.

Nathan