The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 23, 2012, 07:07 AM   #1
Blindjim

Help! Need to find a nice barrel mount for light or laser?

Hi all!

I’m looking for a barrel mount solution for adding on a flashlight or laser. It should not need a rail of any sort, just attach around the rifle’s barrel or the magazine tube of a shotgun, and then allow for sliding in the light or laser INTO IT’S LOWER OPENING. .

I’m fresh out of rail space and don’t want to begin drilling for mnore.

The rifle barrel is a bit over .50 and is a 40 S&W caliber Beretta carbine. The Shotgun is A Mossberg SPX 930 12 ga. tactical… with an extended mag tube from Nordic as well as with a brace for both barrel and mag tube, affixed immediately behind the front sight. . I feel there is adequate room on either to attach a bracket which supports a light.

I prefer the light source inline above or below the barrel, rather than as an offset to right or left of it as I see so commonly elsewhere, hence the request for such a contraption..

I have seen only the NC Star God awful ugly one for around $10.

There has to be something better out there!?

Many Thanks.
Will Rogers said, "there's 3 sorts of people in this world, those who learn by books, those who learn by the experiences of others, and those who just have to pee on the electric fence every now and then."

.... for me, life becomes less and less shocking with every pull of the trigger.