The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 9, 2018, 09:50 AM   #26
dontcatchmany

Spats,

Not on the weapon itself, but on the box it has the words "Catalog No: Target".

The pistol has Ruger Mark IV on one side (left) and 22/45 just above the trigger on the other side.

Has the bull barrel and I did put a High Viz green front sight on it and I added a slide racker which helps my old hands tremendously.

Got the gun from GrabAGum and with shipping and insurance was less than 290.00. But I noticed that their price on the same model has increased a lot. Mine was made this year.

I found that looking through the Ruger website and the models of 22/45 therein it was quite confusing at first as to which one to get and I am quite pleased with the one I got.
Old October 9, 2018, 10:03 AM   #27
Spats McGee
Staff

Thanks, dontcatchmany. I'll have to take a look at the box that came with Mrs McGee's. I looked at the pistol this morning, but didn't think about the box.
Old October 9, 2018, 07:14 PM   #28
Spats McGee
Staff

A quick look at the box for Ms. McGee’s 22/45 revealed that it does, in fact, say “target.”
Old October 10, 2018, 01:12 PM   #29
dontcatchmany

Good!

When I got mine I wondered why the gun did not say Target? OH, well! Still a very good gun so far.
Old October 12, 2018, 10:09 AM   #30
SGW Gunsmith

This is what Ruger designates as a "Competition Target". Not for weak wristed 'newbies' though:

The laminated grip panels suck as far as decent wood is concerned. These are now in the works: