The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 6, 2013, 02:02 PM   #1
x-five

RPG

I may sound childish or stupid, but i wanna ask a question. Is there any posibility to buy a RPG like Type 2 or Bazalt RPG 7. Thanks
Old March 6, 2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Technosavant

I imagine so. But you'd be looking at a tax stamp not just for the launcher but also for each round of ammunition.

You'd have to find somebody actually selling those to the public.
Old March 6, 2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Strafer Gott

Whatever happened to all those B 40 s we used to sweat? I suppose RPG is just the generic term.
Old March 6, 2013, 09:15 PM   #4
RJay

The B40 and B50 were North Vietnamese made Variants. Don't know about the legalities of buying or owning a RPG, but if legal, the rockets would have to be " chalk " filled. I've seen deactivated RPG's, I don't believe I've ever seen one that looked like it could fire. ( in the states, that is ).
Old March 7, 2013, 06:16 AM   #5
eodinert

Why of course you can... you just have to know the rules, and play by them. Just like a 40mm grenade launcher, there are other options besides HE.

I had an RPG7 with a subcal unit that fired 7.62x39, but I traded that. I currently have an RPG2 waiting on the form 1/DD stamp. It's demilled in the traditional manner, but I will have that taken care of when the stamp comes back. I may build a subcal for it, just for fun, but I will build launchable projectiles (minus the boom).

FWIW, on the PG2, the 'rocket' isn't a rocket at all...it's a black powder launch charge. I should be able to get 'everything but the bang' as far as my rounds go.
Old March 12, 2013, 07:04 PM   #6
mboylan

Problem
You would have to have explosives licenses and an approved magazine even if you could afford the $200 tax on each one. You won't get licensed for explosives unless you are in the business.. You won't find anyone who will sell you explosive rounds legally.
Old March 14, 2013, 07:07 AM   #7
eodinert

No.

There are other projectiles besides HE. The propellant in the cartridge case does not make the projectile itself a DD. It's legal with a single DD stamp for the launcher.