The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 12, 2008, 03:57 PM   #1
gotguns?

Remington Model 10 help

Hello everyone, I have been going through the safe and giving every gun a full detailed cleaning. Now im to the Rem. Model 10, I finally got the barrel off (the barrel and mag. come off together. Felt stupid after for takin me so long.) Now for my question; how do i get the bolt out and trigger assembly?

Thanks Fellas.
"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. ... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson
Old October 12, 2008, 04:32 PM   #2
ebutler462

Here is the owner's manual:

http://stevespages.com/pdf/remington_10.pdf

Happy shooting!!
Old October 13, 2008, 08:55 AM   #3
gotguns?

Interesting manual, but I still didnt see how to get the bolt and trigger assy. out. Any more people out there who might know?
"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. ... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson
Old October 13, 2008, 09:47 AM   #4
ebutler462

Unless you have a broken part, just spray it out with Gunscrubber, blow dry it with a can of computer compressed air, and shoot a quci stram of Breakfree CLP onto the friction points. No need to take it out unless you have to replace a part.

Send [email protected] an email. He will tell you what you need to do. He is great and doesn't charge you for advice.
Old October 13, 2008, 12:44 PM   #5
BigJimP

I don't have specific info on the model 10 for you ..... but taking out the trigger group, bolt, etc for a good cleaning is important / as well as checking all the parts for excessive wear.

Most of the pump guns - have one or two pins - that you tap out of the receiver - then you pull the trigger group out. I use a small dead blow hammer - and a 10 penny nail (grind off the point a little ) to drift out the pins. The trigger group should pull straight down - relatively easy. After you have the trigger group out / the bolt, carrier, etc all slide out as a group. Sorry I don't have a model 10 - so I can't give you specifics on it.
Old October 14, 2008, 08:02 PM   #6
gotguns?

bump