The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 25, 2010, 12:55 PM   #1
ScottRiqui

Getting a shoulder holster to sit centered?

I recently bought a Galco Miami Classic II for my .40 S&W Springfield EMP. The holster is comfortable and holds the gun securely in a good position, but I've noticed that if I don't put two loaded magazines in the off-side magazine carrier, the holster rig won't stay centered. The little "cloverleaf" strap swivel doesn't stay centered over my spine, but rather moves a little bit off to the left (toward the gun side.)

Is this par for the course with a shoulder holster if you don't have belt snaps or an offsetting weight on the opposite side of the gun? I don't mind carrying extra mags, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem with my adjustments of the straps.
Old July 25, 2010, 01:40 PM   #2
jgcoastie

That's pretty typical of shoulder holsters. I've only had a couple, but they both did that.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.
Old July 27, 2010, 07:27 AM   #3
THEZACHARIAS

Short of a do it yourself belt hook, you can try tightening up the magazine side a little bit more than the holster side and that will even it out a bit. Otherwise, you have an incentive for carrying an extra magazine or a little flashlight or something. Concealed carry multi-tool pouch perhaps?
Old July 27, 2010, 10:43 AM   #4
demigod

I've carried with those holsters for years. That's pretty normal.