The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 29, 2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Kjackson35

Anybody use a blade tech IWB holster for conceal carry?

I've been thinking about getting one. They look really nice and all but would hate to spend $65 on one and not absolutely love it. I currently carry glock in a Galco IWB which I am very satisfied with but was thinking of Blade tech for my XD. Anybody that has used one please let me know your feelings! Thanks in advance.
Old June 30, 2010, 12:57 PM   #2
dairycreek

I regularly carry my CZ PCR IWB in a Blade Tech UCH and have found the holster to be quite good. It is well made and well fitted to the pistol. I recommend the Blade Tech highly.

GOOD SHOOTING
Old July 1, 2010, 02:14 PM   #3
Kjackson35

Thanks dairycreek! I just got that exact one and I'm liking it pretty well so far.
Old July 4, 2010, 11:49 PM   #4
fmcdave

IWB Kydex for Glock 23

I got a used one for my Glock 23. I had a Dillon IWB leather holster, which I liked a lot...but my daughter stole it after I bought her a G23 for college graduation.

The good news:
1) It was fairly easy to put on
2) Retention and drawing were good
3) Cost me $10

The bad news:
1) the square bottom edge dug into my hip and it was uncomfortable whilst sitting. Standing was fine.
Old July 6, 2010, 10:03 PM   #5
Kjackson35

Alright...

So I've been using the blade-tech for my full size XD 40 for about a week now. I carried glock 23 in the Galco ultimate 2nd amemdment holster for almost 2 years before trying the blade-tech. I can't really compare two different holsters using two different firearms but I'm thinking maybe now I should have stuck with what I knew was comfortable. I had never tried anything other than my one holster though and I guess it's kinda nice to do things a little differently every now and then. Will definitely go ahead and get another Galco holster for the XD 40 someday.
Old July 12, 2010, 01:46 AM   #6
troy_mclure

post itup for sale or trade in the classifieds section.

i carried my xd40sc in the bladetech uch for years, had several motorcycle wrecks, even broke my belt and had it tumble from the bike at 40mph and skid and bounce down the road. didnt leave the holster.

also lost a screw while coeaning it and they mailed me one free.
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old July 12, 2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Jimbo-Indy

Got a Blade-Tec for my 1911 (SA, Lightweight Champion Operator). Works very well. I like Kydex for IWB holsters as it doesn't crush and bind the pistol like some leather holsters can. Very easy in and out yet still very good retention. Have used this same holster with a full size 1911 and it works just fine. Very comfortable too. Highly recommend.
Old July 12, 2010, 03:34 PM   #8
Charles Ellis

What FMCDAVE said is exactly my experience with my BladeTech holster for a glock 23.I still use it,but not nearly as much as I hoped to.