The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 29, 2020, 09:29 PM   #1
kymasabe

Convert Beretta Nano to APX ?

I'm not sure it's possible, and I vaguely remember reading somewhere that someone took apart a Nano and reassembled it in an APX Carry or Compact frame, whichever one was the same size as the Nano, and everything fit and functioned perfectly?
Has anyone done this successfully?
Old March 30, 2020, 03:58 AM   #2
Carl the Floor Walker

I have three Nano's. I put a a new APX Carrry grip on one of them. Lower bore axis. Carry and Nano receivers, mags are interchangeable. I have detailed pics on all the parts of both and their are some subtle changes in the two guns as far as internal parts. Also have pics of both guns with with a APX receiver and nano grip vice versa.
Many say the new Carry Grip is better with the lower bore axis. I shoot both well so it does not make much difference. They are really fine shooting guns.
The new Carry does have slide lock which the Nano did not. But after shooting over 12,000 rounds though the Nano, I now prefer NOT to have a slide Lock.

Carry Grip on Nano left

Courtsy of Beretta 1526

I prefer the Nano, maybe because of the frequency of shooting. Just love the gun.

Here is one of mine in a Desantis holster.

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; March 30, 2020 at 04:15 AM.