The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 21, 2009, 08:31 PM   #1
BuckHunter

270 Managed recoil

I am trying to find out If any one know's the reloading specs for a Remington 270 Managed recoil load. The box tells me what kind of bullet to use but not what kind of powder and how much. Or what primer. I have a friend that will reload. Seem these loads are very hard to find anymore.
Old December 21, 2009, 09:35 PM   #2
jepp2

This may sound rather simplistic, but do you have access to a chronograph? If you can get the velocity, and you know the bullet weight, making a similar load will be no big problem.

Recoil is just the reactive force to the bullet getting launched. The higher the velocity, or bullet weight, the greater the recoil force.

Typically is just about impossible to find all the details on a factory load. And even if you do, you will be using a different lot of powder, and may get different results with the same load.
Old December 22, 2009, 01:54 AM   #3
5R milspec

its just a question.why are you wanting a 270 managed recoil load?seems to me if you owen a 270 you wouldn't mind the recoil.that is if you are trying to get the recoil down for a child.for me I would back away from the 270 and get a 308 or even a 7mm/08.better yet a 260.but hey this is just my opinion.not trying to ruffle your feathers.
Old December 22, 2009, 08:12 AM   #4
rbernie

Hodgdon's website has a downloadable pdf file with youth loads in it. It's a good reference.