The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Closed Thread

Old January 18, 2013, 09:54 AM   #1
10851Man

Censorship:

Interesting how when anyone writes to question the authenticity of the Sandy Hook event, the threads are quickly closed.

Hmmmm....
Old January 18, 2013, 09:55 AM   #2
teeroux

There is a rule in place reguarding conspiracy theories. IBTL
Old January 18, 2013, 09:59 AM   #3
10851Man

Hmmmmm....

Never saw mention of an anti-conspiracy theory rule when I signed on....
Old January 18, 2013, 11:25 AM   #4
Logan5579

You might get by with it in general discussion, Garys not gonna leave it open in Blackpowder though
Old January 18, 2013, 01:08 PM   #5
TomADC

Actually when we signed up here we agreed to go by the forums rules, if they delete or close a thread or post its in keeping with the forum rules we agreed to, not censorship. No 1st amendment rights here.
Old January 18, 2013, 01:23 PM   #6
a7mmnut

No 1st Ammedment Rights here. You said it all. The same privilege that allows the use of the Internet for this forum is banned for all the posters within its limits. Mikro-Kommunism. -7-
Old January 18, 2013, 01:27 PM   #7
10851Man

I guess my 20 years as a cop has really made the inconsistencies in the Sandy Hook thing jump out at me and I find it hard to keep quiet about it....
Old January 18, 2013, 01:35 PM   #8
10851Man

I am writing a song about succession from the union that will probably get me investigated by the Secret Service...

Here is a link to one of my band's original songs you guys might enjoy. It is a tribute to the kings of the delta blues that I grew up listening too....

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberthe...gs-delta-blues
Old January 18, 2013, 01:42 PM   #9
Doc Hoy

Please don't take this as criticism because it certainly isn't

You have posted often and very well on this forum and your inputs are valuable. I think it is safe to say that you have joined the ranks in a professional and mature way.

I can state for myself, that I hope that continues.

The idea of inconsistencies at Sandy Hook or any other incendent involving bias in the media, hidden agendas, or attempts to mask the truth are valid points for discussion and can add measurably to the richness of the dialogue.

The only issue that I see is that since this forum is intended for BP related comments, the topic rightfully should reside elsewhere.

I am well known for going off on tangents when something urks me. (Don't even mention eBay or Paypal) It take's the vigilance of the thread administrators to keep me in check.

It is a hard job they do and in my opinion, the forum is better for their actions.

If you post your thoughts elsewhere, please let me know where they are. I have some thoughts of my own.
Old January 18, 2013, 01:48 PM   #10
deerslayer303

^^ Well said Doc
Old January 18, 2013, 01:51 PM   #11
Mike Irwin
Staff

"Never saw mention of an anti-conspiracy theory rule when I signed on...."

You didn't? Where here it is, then, from this: http://thefiringline.com/forums/faq....aq_forum_rules

Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure that that has been part of our rules sinces before 2009.

"5. Topics and conduct that will not be tolerated:

Multiple registrations
Drive-by cut and paste posting
Cross posting (Posting the same, or substantially the same, thread/topic in multiple forums)
Political Advocacy posts, or any purely political topic. However, some very few exceptions may be made.
Conspiracy threads or posts
Posts or threads on Race, Religion, and Sexuality
The End Of The World As We Know It (TEOTWAWKI), AKA: SHTF or Doomsday threads and Zombie threads
Knowingly and willfully advocating violation of a standing federal or state law (any state)
Violating our Copyrighted Material Policy"

Another one of our rules that gets threads closed is bringing up off-topic threads in a forum.

This is the black powder forum, so it will be closed.

One last thought...

It is well within the rights of the owner and management of this site to set limits and expectations on discussions, including what is NOT permitted at TFL, the services of which you receive free of charge due to the largess of that same owner.

If anyone is unhappy with that simple fact, no one is chaining you to your computer and forcing you to be here.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread