The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 21, 2005, 01:01 PM   #1

i-shot range rug

I am thinking of buying one of these. Just wondering if I can get any personal opinions of these bags. I usually shoot about 8 miles from my house, but my neighbor has a field in which I can walk to(about a quarter mile) and I can go up there and shoot my .22. I thought this bag would be great to fit my Mark III in with all the mags and some ammo. Any comments?

www.ruger-firearms.com
www.smith-wesson.com
Old June 21, 2005, 04:01 PM   #2
johnbt

I had to look it up because I've never seen one...it looks good to me. I saw their big Tourney bag at a gun show and liked it enough to buy one, but of course I usually carry 3 or 4 guns a bunch o' stuff to the range.

John
Old June 21, 2005, 04:32 PM   #3
OJ

I've used i-SHOT range bags for some 3 or 4 years now. It's the best I've ever used. The zippers are much more durable and strong than Bagmasters I've had in the past. The service is also the greatest - I had a problem with my i-SHOT bag several years ago and Helmie Ashiblie, the owner, sent me a new bag cover totally free (with an apology) even though he was not under any legal obligation to do so. Much better than any treatment I've had from any business before.

I shoot weekly - usually at least 2 Glocks, a Ruger .22 pistol, and a center fire rifle and .22 rimfire rifle. The magazine part carries 8 Glock magazines, the other side carries my staple gun and staples, and inside is room for the pistols and electronic ear muffs and tools and ammo plus the center carries a 550 round box of .22 rimfirs ammo.

There's no way I can speak too highly of that bag. The price is right too. Get one now!!!

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Last edited by OJ; June 22, 2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old June 21, 2005, 07:26 PM   #4
templar333

7.62, seeing that you're from TN, maybe you can try getting in touch with Kurt Glick who is the President of the Middle TN Shooters Club (Manchester, TN - http://www.midtnshooters.com/). His email address can be found on the front page of the link I just provided.

I know Kurt's received some of the Rugs but can't say for sure if its still available. Hopefully if he's not too far from where you are, you might be able to check them out. Otherwise, please feel free to contact me should you have any Qs FYI, these were the bags that were given out at last year's IDPA Nationals.

What's up, OJ? Thanks a mil, bro. Much appreciated as always

JohnBT, thanks very much for the support
Old June 21, 2005, 10:30 PM   #5
Number 6

I won an i-Shot range rug

at a local USPSA shoot last fall. If yours is like mine, it's not really a rug at all, as it does not open flat. It's a pistol case w/2 zippered pockets on one side and a velcro-flap 7-mag pouch on the other.

I've got one of my SVI's in it, as the new pistol case does not fit well with the others. The i-Shot rug holds the gun, all 7 mags, pistol tools and does so in a convenient, low-profile manner. Fits in my range box nicely, also.

And i-Shot "supports the sport!"
Old June 22, 2005, 06:52 AM   #6
templar333

Number 6, is your SVI an open gun?
Old June 22, 2005, 10:53 AM   #7
OJ

My memory is as good as it was 40 years ago but names, faces, places, and events aren't as memorable. My eyes are as good as ever but the manufacturers aren't making those sights as sharp as they once did (79th birthday coming up in a few weeks).

That said, I now remember that the little problem I had was some stitching between magazine holders and I inquired about repair - Helmie Ashiblie responded by shipping me out a new bag cover over night instantly. His design and busting his butt to make sure customers are happy with his products defines building a better mousetrap.

I rarely miss a week of shooting and I fill that bag with 2 or 3 fifty round boxes of 10mm ammo at one end and 2 - 3 twenty round boxed of center fire ammo at other end and toos it in the Suburban for the half hour trip to range. It could still pass for new!

Helmie, my good bro - you're welcome but you"ve earned any good things I say about you and your range bags.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
Old June 22, 2005, 01:44 PM   #8
templar333

Quote:
Helmie, my good bro - you're welcome but you"ve earned any good things I say about you and your range bags.
Thanks, OJ. I appreciate the kind words