The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 7, 2019, 06:59 PM   #26
stephen426

I think the perfect triggers are on finely tuned 1911s, H&K P7M8s, and Sig P210s. These or on guns that I own. I know there are a lot of other great triggers out there, but the ideal trigger for me would be minimal take up, just enough weight to prevent accidental discharges, clean crisp break, minimal over travel while still remaining reliable, and short clean reset.
Old January 8, 2019, 01:48 PM   #27
JJ45

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen426 View Post
I think the perfect triggers are on finely tuned 1911s, H&K P7M8s, and Sig P210s. These or on guns that I own. I know there are a lot of other great triggers out there, but the ideal trigger for me would be minimal take up, just enough weight to prevent accidental discharges, clean crisp break, minimal over travel while still remaining reliable, and short clean reset.
That pretty much describes the perfect trigger.

For me, a clean break is more important than a very light break, as long as the squeeze is not too heavy. A clean break means no perceptible creep (take up) and very minimal over travel.

I have a Ruger 77/22 .22LR bolt gun that I installed a Timney sear. It seems a distant sneeze would be enough to set her off. It's a bit too light for me especially when small game hunting in cold weather, but some like it. For pistols, the 1911, in a good specimen, is hard to beat. Of course it is SA only which makes it easier to get a very good trigger.