3. yes (always)

4. yes (though he's old now)
Old May 17, 2014, 10:27 PM   #52
Tactical Jackalope

SIG Sauer P226 E2 9mm
5 - 18rd flush mags
2 - 20rd extended mags
3 - Factory 15 rd mags

Usually with a Streamlight TLR-1HL either OWB at 3:00 at work with 2 20 rounders in a Bianchi mag pouch at 8:00.

CCW's include:

OWB at 4:00 with the TLR-1HL in a kydex (forgot the brand) holster and at least 1 20 rd mag.

AIWB at 1:00 with TLR-1HL in a kydex (also forgot the brand) holster and at least 1 20 rd mag.

AIWB at 1:00 in a DCH's kydex holster and at least 1 20 rd mag.

1. Do you carry every day?

Yes, it's only not on my person when I'm showering or asleep. Then it's on the night table while I sleep and on the toilet while I shower. Other than that my gun is on me ALL THE TIME. Work and personal life. When I'm home watching a movie, working on the car, going for a walk, going to Publix..etc. Always at least 1 spare 20rd mag. I already have the 18+1 in the SIG P226 regardless and usually have a TLR-1HL on it.

2. Do you keep a night table gun or rifle nearby?

Yes, the same gun I carry all the time with the TLR-1HL and all the mags out.

3. Do you keep other loaded guns, rifles, or shotguns throughout the house?

Negative. All locked away in the safe and ALWAYS have at least one on me. If my rifle is on me it's because something happened in my area and/or a hurricane has hit/is about to hit. Then my honey badger AR is out with it's plethora of magazines as well in 5.56.

4. Do you have a 4 legged early warning system and/or house alarm?

Yes, an alarm and a 4 legged German Pin.
Old May 18, 2014, 02:02 AM   #53
skizzums

I rely on my cellphone an the quick response of the P.D. to protect me, no need to senselessly carry a gun all the time
Old May 18, 2014, 06:15 AM   #54
manta49

Quote:
3. Do you keep other loaded guns, rifles, or shotguns throughout the house? no
1 no
2no
3 no
4 yes.
Old May 18, 2014, 06:24 AM   #55
foxytwo

Quote:

I carry every day, either a Sig P250c 9mm or a Keltec PF9
My night stand pistol is a XDc 9mm
I do not keep guns through out the house, only in the safe.
My four legged friend is a Min Pin who thinks she is a full sized Doberman. Getting up in years as she is 12 but can still wake us up.
Old May 18, 2014, 08:49 AM   #56
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post

My four legged friend is a Min Pin who thinks she is a full sized Doberman.

Old May 18, 2014, 04:49 PM   #57
45Gunner

Quote:
I rely on my cellphone an the quick response of the P.D. to protect me, no need to senselessly carry a gun all the time
I mean no disrespect Skizzums, but, you sir, have effectively buried your head in the sand. I will pray that you will never be in a situation that your life and the lives of your family are dependent upon the response time of a 911 call.
NRA Life Member
Old May 18, 2014, 07:36 PM   #58
Glenn E. Meyer

That may be a sarcastic response - so let's not go off on it.

Skiz - want to clarify that before we get a flame fest?
Old May 19, 2014, 11:13 AM   #59
skizzums

I kid of course, I couldn't be more than 2 feet away from a gun at all times, I would be just plain depressed
Old May 19, 2014, 11:20 AM   #60
Glenn E. Meyer

As you should be!
Old May 19, 2014, 11:25 AM   #61
Tactical Jackalope

Whew. Glad it was nothing but a joke. Was about to send a nice PM how this may be the wrong forum.
Old May 19, 2014, 12:30 PM   #62
coldbeer

1)no - maybe someday
2)no - I used to
3)no - that's reckless
4)yes - but they're small and are only good for alerting me to an intruder. After that I'm on my own.

I live in suburban Detroit and yes my house has been broken into in broad day light, but there's just too many children running around to leave loaded guns lying around. I did have a gun on the nightstand next to my bed when I lived in SW Detroit but I didn't have children at the time. The risks of having a child get a hold of a gun far outweighs the benefit of having loaded firearms throughout the house. That's my situation yours is almost certainly different and I'm not ridiculing anyone for doing what they think is best FOR THEM.
Old May 19, 2014, 03:36 PM   #63
45Gunner

Makes sense that it was a joke....my fault for not realizing it immediately. Usually haunt the web during sleepless nights. Guess I was not on top of my game and for that I apologize. No one on this site would ever think that a cell phone and a 911 response would be better than fending for themselves. Jeez, what was I thinking?
NRA Life Member
Old May 19, 2014, 07:58 PM   #64
RBid

1. Yes. I carry every day.

2. Yes. My carry weapon rests in my EDC bag (next to the bed, compartment open) while I sleep.

3. No. I don't keep other firearms loaded and staged around the house. I do keep a second one loaded in my gun box, also in the bedroom. If I have time to access it and bunker up, an invader would wind up facing a veritable wall of .40 coming out of truly "high capacity magazines".

4. Yep. Furry alarms are present and yappy.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:39 PM   #65
skizzums

I almost went with "i rely on my tazer and a shotgun loaded with rubber slugs and blanks", but I thought that would be too obvious.

in reality, I have a 357 snubbie at ALL times, a chambered hi-cap 9(safety on) on top o the fridge and a 357 lever staged in the bedroom chambered, with the hammer down. a hi-point 9 for the bathroom(cuz I don't care if it gets rusty) and the rest are locked up, loaded but unchambered in the safe

p.s. I love dogs to death, but will never own another one. just too busy to be a good dog owner
Old May 20, 2014, 04:39 PM   #66
markj

My brain is. A gun isnt nessasary at all times. I for one havent shot anyone.
Old May 20, 2014, 05:07 PM   #67
leadcounsel

Quote:
A recent conversation got me thinking about how many people that carry daily keep guns accessible within their house?

Just as a point of reference, i was once the victim of an armed home invasion robbery while I was living on the 14th story of a high rise building. I never thought I would be robbed, never mind an armed robbery. All my guns were in the safe. Never again. In fact, I was shot during that robbery and playing dead saved my life. Long, long story which I am glad I am able to tell, but not here.
So... being robbed and shot didn't cause you to consider it, but instead a recent conversation... I'm just poking here.

Self preservation is an appropriate term. Your health, your welfare, your financial well-being, and your safety from violent crime. It's multi-faceted.

Situational awareness in life is really the most important self preservation tool we have. You can't always have a gun. Permit me a question about the high-rise robbery. Perhaps your high-rise robbery would have been prevented not with a gun, but instead with more situational awareness? It's a legit question, not an attack. Were strangers allowed access to the building? The apartment? Did they smash in the door? Or given access somehow?

Giving stranger access to a home without having ones' guard up, for instance, is letting down situational awareness. You can't necessarily always have a gun, either. Someone can/may get the drop on you and all the guns in the world won't matter if you are outdrawn.

And if you use a gun in self defense and not know the law very well, or your rights and say something stupid, you might face prosecution and even if you win, spend $50,000 on lawyer's fees and lose your job due to the arrest.

Some folks love to talk about how amazing they are at shooting, but are obesely overweight and while they might carry or know how to use a gun, they'll die of heart disease when they are 40.

Healthy mind, body, and soul... with a high level of situational awareness and solid self-defense and firearms skills.... a recipe for long and happy life.

Me personally, I'm fit mentally and physically, have studied a variety of grappling and striking martial arts, highly trained in firearms, know the law of self defense, and maintain constant situational awareness at home or on the road. That's not to say I can't relax, I am just ready to assess situations at any moment.

To answer your questions, I carry everywhere I legally can. I have loaded guns in close proximity in my home or car when I travel. I have ample home security systems in place for detection, warning, and recording. None of this is paranoia... it is just practical common sense measures to protect what is most important in my life...

Last edited by leadcounsel; May 20, 2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old May 20, 2014, 05:20 PM   #68
Mike1234

Quote:
My brain is. A gun isnt nessasary at all times. I for one havent shot anyone.
Me neither but one never knows when that might be necessary to save one's self or his family. A gun may not be necessary for that... but one must have the proper tools at hand to defend those we love and are responsible for. I'm not going after a man with a gun, axe or knife with my bare fists... Ill BETTER defend myself, my wife... and my children.

Come at me or my family with intent to harm and I WILL KILL YOU IF NECESARY!!
Old May 20, 2014, 05:23 PM   #69
leadcounsel

To the gentleman from Everette, Washington, who thinks his neighborhood is immune from crime.

http://www.crimemapping.com/map.aspx...b-2bede11d7394

In Everette WA there were 143 crimes reported in the last week period 5/13-5/19. Quite a few were burglaries, drugs, robberies, etc. If 143 is the weekly average, that's nearly 7,500 crimes annually in Everette.

Check out your zip code to see how many crimes are in your area. It'll startle you.

To anyone thinking (mistakenly) that they are socio-economically immune from violent crime, read this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshir...vasion_murders

Summary is that an affluent family in Connecticut was brutalized by two home invaders. I believe he was a well-paid doctor and they lived in a very quiet expensive neighborhood.

Two thugs followed a wife and daughter home from the market, broke in, beat the husband unconscious (nearly dead), and raped and burned alive the mom and two teenage girls, and burned the home down. If mom or dad had taken ANY measures for home or self defense they likely all would be alive.

Last edited by leadcounsel; May 20, 2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old May 23, 2014, 02:06 AM   #70
mcz0804a

Quote:
1. Where legally allowed, yes. Unfortunately I spend more time where I'm not allowed to carry than not.
2. Glock 23 on the dresser w/ spare mag next to it.
3. No
4. Not yet, my landlord doesn’t allow animals.
Old May 23, 2014, 07:39 AM   #71
mauiglide

Unfortunately I live in Hawaii where there is no CCW allowed. I do, however, have a couple firearms close by in my home just in case a scenario like the OP had mentioned (home invasion). I don't have an alarm or pets to give me an early warning alarm. I have learned to shoot well enough but not in any formal tactical training.
Old May 23, 2014, 02:51 PM   #72
serf 'rett

Quote:
1. When/where legal. Most of the time I carry in my yard/home/shop.
2. EDC goes on bedside shelf (where it is hidden from casual view).
3. Keep loaded magazines, but not firearms - we have visitors with kids.
4. Got a generally worthless, big yellow cat, who is alert to strange sounds so he can save his own skin if necessary. If I see the cat run up the flag, I go on alert.
Old May 23, 2014, 03:00 PM   #73
Mike1234

OT: UNUSUAL CAT
Old May 23, 2014, 06:06 PM   #74
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
http://www.crimemapping.com/map.aspx...b-2bede11d7394

Check out your zip code to see how many crimes are in your area. It'll startle you.
Neat tool. I was, in fact quite surprised to find NO crimes in either of my zip codes. (Have one as a mailing address, but in reality, closer to another)

Doesn't matter to me, as I'm still a child of Detroit, and old habits will likely never die. And besides, Detroiters go on vacations.....
Old May 25, 2014, 09:54 AM   #75
arizonaopa

multi layered

Yes I carry daily where I legally can.
Yes My wife and I keep nightstand guns.
Yes There are weapons throughout the house. Firearms and other.
Yes with a caveat. My dogs are dachshunds and chihuahas with the exception of the lab. I would not want them hurt and am glad they are yappers. They raise such a ruckus that it sets off dogs all around the area. Noise is sometimes useful in getting a bad guy to leave without a confrontation.