The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 1, 2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Titan25

Jamming FIE Titan E27

I'm new to the forum and have a question,
I have a FIE Titan, I beleive it's a E27. And I have a box of Wichester 50 grain FMC .25 auto.
I recieved the gun from a neighbor for free, that's nice, cause the gun looks cheap but fun to plink with.
The thing is I haven't seen the thing chamber a round yet! It jams evey time, I had the ramp polished, it has a new magazine from Italy. I thought maybe it's the ammo? The round starts up the ramp, then stops. If the slide is pulled back a bit the round will chamber.
I haven't fired the gun yet. Seemed kinda silly if it won't chamber a round in the first place. The rounds fit ok when they are manually insterted.
Thoughts?(besides thowing the gun down range,LOL!)
Thanks in advance for the help,
Old February 1, 2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Bill DeShivs

Sounds like the extractor. Make sure when chambering, the case rim slides under the extractor hook.
Old February 2, 2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Titan25

The extractor is working, thanks. When the slide is pulled back, it contacts the hammer, this seems to cause the slide hang up. May e it's supposed to contact the hammer when it slides back? Not sure.
Its almost as if the round is keeping the slide from moving. If you give the slide a wack, it'll go.
The round ejects properly.
I also noticed when the mag is in the slide doesnt lock open when the mag is empty. Shouldnt the mag lock open?
Maybe this little gun has a few more issues than I thought. It looks like its in good shape for its age though.
Old February 2, 2012, 09:56 PM   #4
Onward Allusion

The slide doesn't hold open on the last round. These little guys like to run wet - oil it liberally. Also, when you're chambering a round, make sure it is in the "F" is showing at the safety lever.