The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old March 26, 2011, 10:42 AM   #1
cattleman

coyote troubles

i have a problem with a pair of coyotes eating my chickens...got two more this morning! errr! are there any coyote hunters in the Hempstead/ Brenham Texas area that would be interested in trying to hunt this crafty pair! i have had no luck myself or finding someone...do not seem afraid of people or guns! any help finding someone would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!
Old March 26, 2011, 01:38 PM   #2
ripnbst

You should have absolutely no problem. People love shooting yote's. Its a form of pest control.
Old March 26, 2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

If you aren't up to shooting them yourself see your game department about traps. Can't really advise you because we don't know where you live and what shooting conditions are. For a non shooter a nice sized dog who is protective of you and yours will discourage coyotes and other pests.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old March 26, 2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Water-Man

snareshop.com
Old March 26, 2011, 04:46 PM   #5
hornetguy

I wish you were a little closer... it's about a 4hr drive down there from where I am.
Old March 26, 2011, 05:19 PM   #6
Scorch

Go to your local feed store and casually mention you are having trouble with coyotes. If not right away, the varmint hunters will show up soon. Many years ago in CA, that's how I got access to a 1,600 acre ranch for hunting, the owner's wife raised peacocks and coyotes got some of the poults. After I took out two coyotes and a bobcat, I was invited to come hunt there any time.
Old March 26, 2011, 05:28 PM   #7
Tombstonejim

Call these guys and tellem what you need.

Brenham Gun & Rod Club 2703 Gun and Rod Road, Brenham
(979) 836-9552
Old March 28, 2011, 07:36 AM   #8
"JJ"

Welcome to the forum cattleman! Like others have said, if you don't want to kill them yourself there are pleanty of people who do it as a hobby! There are all kinds of things you can do to get rid of them. If that is what you would like to do I would suggest registering at a predator hunting forum & trying to learn a thing or two! They don't call coyotes wiley for nothing!! If you would rather have someone else do the deed, you can probably find someone who would try for free! Just meet with them & see what you think of them & thier game plan. Make sure they are respectful & safe! It could turn into a great friendship that may benefit you both down the road. Here are a couple of predator forums I browse regulary that may be able to help. www.buckingtheodds.com & www.texaspredatorposse.com Good luck! I hope you get those chicken thieves!