The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 3, 2006, 10:43 AM   #1
benny1369

thoughts on stoegers?

Anyone have any thoughts on Stoegers? Specifically Model 2000 Synthetic. I know it is imported and uses the Benelli Inertia system but other then that, I don't know a whole lot about them. I'm getting an 1100 that my buddy raced up as a home defense gun (trading for my 870 that is raced up the same way) and i'm looking at getting another shotgun for deer hunting. I'm in the military and will do the majority of my hunting on post (bow, muzzleload, or shotgun only).

i'm looking for comparisons to the venerable remington 1100 and 1187 and to the mossberg 930 and 935.

Thanks for helping out the new guy.
Old January 3, 2006, 04:24 PM   #2
FailureByDesign

hey i dont know a whole lot about them, but my buddy has a stoeger for bird hunting, uses 3 1/2 shells, i have shot it, actually pretty smooth, not a very bad recoil at all. its like shooting a nova.
Old January 18, 2006, 07:38 PM   #3
147 Grain

For those on a tight budget, the Stoeger 2000 is not only a poor man's Benelli and underrated, but perhaps the best value (with quality in mind) for the dollar in a semi-auto shotgun.