The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old May 20, 2018, 08:52 PM   #1
TruthTellers

Spare 10/22 trigger?

I'm planning on buying a BX trigger ground for a Ruger Charger I have and it's making me consider what I can do with the factory trigger group. How much could I sell it for?
Old May 20, 2018, 11:57 PM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

It's a pretty common part to replace and replacements are widely available for as little as $53 or so.

My speculative guess is that a used stock part would be worth maybe half that.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:28 AM   #3
Scorch

What would be the usefulness of a spare factory trigger group when an improved one can be purchased for very little money? Back-up? Just in case? And besides, the internals in factory 10/22 trigger groups are inexpensive and rough as corn cobs. If I felt the need for a spare trigger group, I would just buy another BX.
Old May 21, 2018, 03:40 AM   #4
Hal

Quote:
I'm planning on buying a BX trigger ground for a Ruger Charger I have and it's making me consider what I can do with the factory trigger group. How much could I sell it for?
Should you ever have to send the gun to Ruger - for anything - they are going to replace the third party parts.
You'll probably get your BX back - but - -stuff does happen.

If you take it out and replace the factory trigger group before you send it in, that might be a wiser choice.

Plus, how much are you looking at in terms of money vs the time spent packing it up and sending it off to someone?
Old May 22, 2018, 04:32 PM   #5
TrueBlue711

I did the same thing by upgrading to the BX trigger. I sold the stock trigger for $25. Better than it just laying around, collecting dust.
Old May 22, 2018, 06:58 PM   #6
Pahoo

PM Coming your way

There are factors that come into play and I routinely do trigger work on this "little Beauties" …..

Be Safe
Old May 23, 2018, 12:36 AM   #7
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
Should you ever have to send the gun to Ruger - for anything - they are going to replace the third party parts.
You'll probably get your BX back - but - -stuff does happen.

If you take it out and replace the factory trigger group before you send it in, that might be a wiser choice.

Plus, how much are you looking at in terms of money vs the time spent packing it up and sending it off to someone?
I think this is a valid point.
Old May 24, 2018, 09:41 AM   #8
natman

It would be interesting to see if Ruger considers the Ruger BX trigger to be a "third party" part.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:57 AM   #9
T. O'Heir

"...they are going to replace the third party parts..." And I think they keep 'em.
"...$53 or so..." Gunparts wants that much for the Trigger Guard Assembly alone.
You're likely best to put the factory trigger in a box and put it some place safe. But not so safe you forget where it is. snicker.
Old May 26, 2018, 02:28 PM   #10
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
"...$53 or so..." Gunparts wants that much for the Trigger Guard Assembly alone.
The "trigger guard assembly" includes all the trigger parts. If you want just the trigger guard minus all the rest of the trigger parts, Gunparts has them for just over $16.

You can find an new trigger guard assembly (all trigger parts included) for about $48 if you shop around.
Old May 26, 2018, 06:26 PM   #11
Pahoo

I understand what he meant, not what he wrote

Quote:
The "trigger guard assembly" includes all the trigger parts.
That is the correct term for this item although we are use to using the term; Trigger Group. Some times you have to use your interpretation to understand what is being said. I have seen OEM Trigger Guard assemblies on eBay sell for less than $50.00. ……

Be Safe !!!
Old May 27, 2018, 11:42 AM   #12
Onward Allusion

Just jump onto eBay or Gunbroker. $20 to $25 would be a fair price. Personally, I'd just keep the thing as spare parts.