The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 19, 2017, 11:19 PM   #1
Jeryray

SIG Romeo1

Been waiting for months on this new RMR scope.

Anyone get one yet?
Old March 20, 2017, 07:34 AM   #2
rodfac

Who builds it for Sig? Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old March 20, 2017, 07:50 AM   #3
imp

My understanding is that Sig owns and operates it's own electro-optical division. I've got a Sig P320rx on order through my LGS, which comes with a pre-mounted Romeo1. If it ever shows up, I'll give you a rundown. So far, the online reviews have been pretty favorable.
Old March 27, 2017, 01:57 PM   #4
FairWarning

Sig has been very, very ambitious in expanding in recent years with all of their US built guns and now ammo and electro-optics.

I tend to doubt their optics are elite in the world of optics in the way their German and Swiss made firearms have always been, but I hope they prove me wrong. I have had very good experiences with Sig ammo in 9mm and .45 thus far and my US built 1911.
Old March 27, 2017, 06:29 PM   #5
1stmar

I have a p320rx. I like the scope. Auto shutoff is nice, motion activation seems to work well. Battery life is good. Holds zero.
Old March 27, 2017, 07:39 PM   #6
TunnelRat

I believe SIG does the design work, but any reports I've read are that the optics are Chinese built. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing; I've had excellent luck with Holosun optics and rebranded versions of the same. But it's worth noting when it comes to pricing of those optics.
Maintain situational awareness
Old March 29, 2017, 11:51 PM   #7
Jeryray

While I was waiting I have 4 lepould Delta point pro mounted.
I also have a Trijicon RMR.

Been very pleased with the delta point pro.

Disappointed in the trijicon, brightness level changes from dim to medium, with auto off. Also did not come with a protective cover. Had to pay $16 from a 3rd party.

See distortion in the glass part of the lens. No auto off like the delta point.
Next gun (Q5) will be RMR ready and I will use the delta point pro.
Old March 31, 2017, 09:48 PM   #8
Rinspeed

Just about all the accessories I have handled that Sig sells are low end made in China stuff. I have one of their red dots on a rifle of mine and it works but it certainly is no Aimpoint and isn't priced like one either.

I've been a huge Sig fan for 25 years and they have done nothing but cheapen the brand every single year since then.