The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 18, 2015, 06:31 AM   #1
30cal_Fun

GR 9mm ammunition?

Does anyone know anything about GR 9mm ammo?
I can't find anything on the web about this ammo.

What I what to know in particular is if the primers contain a lot of duds or if they are as reliable as any mayor brand.

A store near me is selling this ammo: http://www.bold-action.com/producten...mm-124-grs-fmj
The description says that it is factory defect ammo and that some rounds do no contain enough powder to push the bullet out of the barrel and as such should only be used for reloading components.
I am planning on buying this ammo and reloading it with my own powder as, even for reloading components, this is still pretty cheap.
Old January 18, 2015, 07:58 AM   #2
hartcreek

It really will depend on how many E your powder costs.
Old January 18, 2015, 08:47 AM   #3
30cal_Fun

Adding my own powder will set me back another 35 Euro, so around 135 bucks in total (including shipping, etc.).
Factory 9mm is around 200 Euro, for 65 bucks I'm more than prepared to put in a couple of hours of work. I have plenty of time but little money.