The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 25, 2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Ryanfromcanada

Fair chase hog outfitters

This is a bit of a pipe dream right now but i was wondering if any of you guys knew of a fair chase hog outfitter. I would like to do a 3 day hunt for under 800 if at all possible. Dont really care what state its in.

Again its probably not going to happen so dont make any effort to answer this, just if you knew of an outfitter offhand that would be nice.
Old November 25, 2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Ryanfromcanada

Oh the other question i was going to ask was how feasible woul it be to do a DYI hunt for hogs on public land and what states would be best. I live in ontario canada so i know nothing about hogs.
Old November 25, 2010, 10:13 PM   #3
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Ryan, I am in the western panhandle of Fla...
The Eglin air force base claims 400K+ of WMA land... with in 20 minutes (we measure minutes not miles) of slow driving in, is a decent population of hogs...

Florida NR license is not real steep for a 10 day, and the Eglin permit, I will have to check on...

Junior, my son (nearing 21yo) could get you into the areas to hope for a shot... this isn't by a PRO guide and not gonna cost like one but I assure it is more than "fair chase"... we would gladly help you learn what you can online as well as drop some sour corn out before you arrive... Mind you, the corn is only a bit of help... still no guarantee...

We run dogs but currently out of curr dogs anyway... He knows the area where we have some great swamps and creeks for best possible chances...

Brent