The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 20, 2000, 10:47 AM   #1
jawper

All,

Need some input on synthetic holsters for the P7M8. I have an Alessi CQC that does most everything I need but I'd like to experiment with a kydex for IDPA and some other stuff. Anyone have any direct experience with any of the manufacturers out there (Blade-Tech, High Desert, Arizona Tactical, Mad Dog, etc.)? Ideally, I'd like an OWB which rode as high as possible (seems to me that the higher the ride the worse the "butt hanging out" problem will become, but I can hope). Would be interested in strong side as well as a possible cross draw for the car.

Any thoughts/opinions greatly appreciated.

------------------
Best,
- Jawper
Old July 20, 2000, 11:08 AM   #2
RobCon

I have used the Mad Dog IWB with complete satisfaction. Kevin makes strongside straight drop belt holsters as well.
Old July 20, 2000, 08:18 PM   #3
pojim

I carry my P7M8 in a Gun Glove High High Taylor Thunderbolt. I have this same holster for several other guns as well. It is the best strong side holster I have ever used. It has a very high ride, but with the rigidity of kydex, the gun rides flat to my body, is completely discreet and out of the way, is held in very securely and is very quick on the draw.

Gun Gloves are the best kydex in the business.

pojim
Old July 22, 2000, 03:38 AM   #4
Arnistador

We carry Mad Dog's GunGlove and have them available in cross draw and strong side (Taylor Thunderbolt) for the P7M8. Give us a call or drop us an email.

Best,

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com
Street Smart Professional Equipment