The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 29, 2001, 12:21 AM   #1
Danny45

Another new shotgun!

Okay, I ran across a deal too good to pass up at the gun show. I bought a, NIB, Franchi Veloce 20 gauge O/U shotgun for 900.00. I checked and they sell for just under 1100 locally and the MSRP from Franchi is around 1300.

Anybody have any dealings with this gun? It's supposed to be new. So far, the only thing I don't like about it is the automatic safety. In a hurry, it's easy to try to slide the safety button up to disengage it. But since it also moves side to side to select the barrel, it sometimes goes straight up instead of laterally and never disengages. Therefore, it don't go bang!! LOL I've overcome this with practice.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Old October 29, 2001, 05:30 AM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Franchis have a good rep, and you may get more input over on the Shooting Sportsman BB. I was looking at the ad copy for this yesterday. Looks like a nice field and casual clays gun.
Old October 29, 2001, 11:24 AM   #3
Bam Bam

I was looking at another Franchi during the week. I did not like having the barrell selector on the trigger, the tang selector seems better to me. Have lots of fun.