The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 14, 2001, 01:48 PM   #1
GardoneVT

Which is the best way to load a Beretta A390? I bought mine used, so I don't have a manual. Loading it with 3 shells I first put 2 shells into the magazine, then I push that little piece of metal directly under the feeder backwards so that it allows one round to leave the magazine. Then I pull the bolt back and forth so that the shell goes into the barrel. Finally I load the third shell into the magazine. I suppose one could also begin with setting the magazine cut-off and pull back the bolt which then stays open, and load the first shell into the barrel. How do you all do it?
Old February 14, 2001, 10:39 PM   #2
PJR

I load mine thusly:

Keeping the barrel in a safe direction at all times I put on the safety, lock open the breech, load the chamber, close the action, load the magazine and I'm set.

I'd contact Beretta USA for a manual. I found the 390 a little tricky to take apart the first couple of times.

Paul
Old February 15, 2001, 08:14 AM   #3
Ned Roundtree

Ditto what PJR said.
Retract breech bolt enough to visual inspect chamber empty.
Gun pointed safe direction, depress trigger to lower hammer.
Retract breech bolt by means of cocking hammer until locks in open position.
Engage safety button.
Load first round into chamber via ejection port.
Depress breech bolt button to lock bolt.
Insert extra rounds into magazine.
Safety is still on.
You are ready.
Have fun it is a great gun.
Old February 15, 2001, 08:54 AM   #4
smark

Loading Beretta 390

If you want to, e-mail me with your addresss. I have a Beretta A390ST and the manual. There are not that many pages,(english pages, unless you want the italian language version as well). I could photo-copy them and mail them to you if you'd like.
[email protected]

steve
Old February 16, 2001, 05:50 AM   #5
GardoneVT

Is it possible to make the bolt stay in the open position without using the magazine cut-off? Ordered a manual from Beretta today.
Old February 16, 2001, 08:59 AM   #6
PJR

Yes. At the rear of the carrier (the silver piece on the bottom of the reciever that lifts the shells) there is a small round button called the carrier stop push button. With the barrel pointed in a safe direction, press this button, pull back the cocking handle and the action will lock open. To close press the breech bolt release button which is the silver button on the right hand side of the receiver.