The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 3, 2006, 08:38 PM   #1
SpookBoy

any advice on gun building?

My question is this ive been considdering buying a para "hi-cap" frame, and was going to build a pistol or get a DPMS parts kit and build an AR-15. This will be my first build and I want to know which one will be easier?
Also wich one would be safer ?

Any advice is appreciated.....
Old March 4, 2006, 04:09 AM   #2
cntryboy1289

info for you

I would advise you to visit this forum:

http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?

Drop by for a visit and look the forum over. You will find lots of helpful info on building either that you listed. I would suggest that you go into it with as much knowledge as possible before trying to do anything. A simple parts kit that can be assmebled would be an easy choice if you don't have the tools, machines and knowledge of building guns. Like Harry, I would suggest that if you want to actually build yourself a gun, build a muzzleloader or a single shot rifle like the chicopee. There's a big difference between building a gun and putting the parts of a kit together.

As far as it goes, you could get a 80% frame and build up a nice pistol or build an Ar as well. There are a couple of suppliers of the 80% frames that hang out at the forum as well so you could get the frames from them and save some money if that's the way you decide to go. Good luck with it.