Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 18, 2009, 11:57 PM   #1
dogzilla

anyone used MULLER SCOPE ?

Interested In Report On Actual Quality And Preformance
Registered Constitutional Party Mbr
Old March 19, 2009, 01:23 AM   #2
sholling

If you mean Mueller then it depends on the model and what you want to use it for. They have several lines. The entry level APV is light duty (no magnums). I don't own one but they are very popular in the rimfire community.

In the middle they have the Sportdot, Tactical, and Eradicator. Chuck Hawks rates them as 3-Star putting their optics on par with a Buckmaster or Fullfield II. I own an Eradicator and optically it's actually pretty good and the controls are repeatable. The trade off is slight crudeness in the finish and very critical eye placement. Support is excellent. Not my 1st choice for future projects but I really don't have anything to complain about.

I'm actually considering their Tac II for an upcoming project. Chuck Hawks rates it as a 4-star scope putting it on par with the likes of a Nikon Monarch or a Leupold VX-II. Not bad company for $275. I'd love the chance to look through one.

FWIW Chuck Hawks has pretty good reviews of three of them the pay side of his site. It might be worth $5 for a one month membership. Here's the free part.

Last edited by sholling; March 19, 2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old March 22, 2009, 09:46 AM   #3
rickdavis81

I just ordered the Tac II 3-10x44 to put on a SPS Tac. 308. Should be here this week. I let you know what I think of it.
Old April 13, 2009, 01:23 PM   #4
RichdaFactor

How do you like the scope?
Old April 15, 2009, 03:30 PM   #5
camsdaddy

Ive got one on a 243 I have been very pleased with it. I feel its way worth the money and probablly better than that.