The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 16, 2005, 06:05 PM   #1
spacemanspiff

Say it aint so!!!

rumor on the street is, that i have been out-ubered. apparently a certain someone is waiting delivery of a surefire vert foregrip weapons light with INFRARED nav lights.

so whenever that certain someone gets a few moments, i think we'll have to let you all TFLers decide whos more tactical, me? or the nuuby nuub nuubian nuub nuubette who probably got the surefire that matches the rest of his furniture?

i offer one more pic of me in my ultimate ninjatudity. (no that does not mean i am nude)

(not in *that* pic)

Old November 16, 2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Ultima-Ratio

Generous Or Unsuspecting Employers?

So does your employer know what he's paying for here online? I often wonder how ones conscience allows......yeah I know, wrong thread
Old November 16, 2005, 06:47 PM   #3
spacemanspiff

yes. lets NOT get into a discussion about consciences and what ours allows us to do.
Old November 16, 2005, 06:52 PM   #4
Wildalaska

See you guys after thanksgiving...hey IZ look for a package, you got spiffy beat

WildmehicohAlaska
Old November 16, 2005, 07:48 PM   #5
IZinterrogator

Quote:
rumor on the street is, that i have been out-ubered. apparently a certain someone is waiting delivery of a surefire vert foregrip weapons light with INFRARED nav lights.
Hmmm, someone out-ubered you, Spiff? How could that be? I wonder who would do that?

Don't feel threatened, Spiff. The foregrip doesn't match the rest of the furniture...yet.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old November 17, 2005, 08:33 PM   #6
Bender711

to the MAX!!!

you need to paint that grip black!!
but the rest is TO THE EXTREME!!
Old November 18, 2005, 02:33 PM   #7
guntotin_fool

but you forgot the uber tactical hydrating. carry your mothers old trunk, SHTF, uber response backpack
Old November 18, 2005, 03:29 PM   #8
dave_in_delaware

you're all crazy.

1. Springfield Armory XD-9 sub-compact (1110 rnds as of 06/18/05)
2. Springfield Armory XD-9 sub-compact (w/ blue & silver GK, gift for fiancee)
3. Ithaca Gun Company Model 37 12ga shotgun (from Grandfather)
4. Future: AR-15 build
Old November 18, 2005, 04:21 PM   #9
IZinterrogator

Quote:
but you forgot the uber tactical hydrating
Good point. Next time, I'll be wearing my Camelbak (which has VS-17 panels for setting up a helicopter LZ in it and some Quikclot).
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old November 18, 2005, 07:52 PM   #10
IZinterrogator

Hmmm, a UPS package. I wonder what could be in it. Seriously, I can't get the box open. Did you guys use enough tape or what?

Oh, the fun I am going to have with this.
Old November 18, 2005, 08:02 PM   #11
spacemanspiff

we have to package boxes away from the big head honcho (not WA). he gets mad because we put add pounds of tape to make sure the package is entirely secure.

more than once we get overzealous and tape it up before the items to be sent are put in it.

but anyways, IZ i'm putting the Curse of the Goober on you. that should diminish some of your tacticality:

Klaatu verrata n... Necktie... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!
Old November 18, 2005, 08:07 PM   #12
IZinterrogator

Would the N word be "nice gun, IZ"? Just wondering.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0403.JPG (115.6 KB, 1653 views)
Old November 18, 2005, 08:59 PM   #13
spacemanspiff

bwwhhahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa, your carpet doesnt match the drapes either!!!!

i mean, your furnitures not matching.

rifle next to rifle, i dunno.... you got the acog ta31rco (or whatever its called i forget) which has a 4x mag, i have no mag on the tripower. but i can use flipup ironsights to cowitness, you cant. not to mention my optic can easily be used in low light because it has battery power supply. have you tried yours in a dark room yet? does the surefire weaponlight give enough light for the acogs fiberoptic to collect and give a good sight picture?
Old November 18, 2005, 11:51 PM   #14
IZinterrogator

I have a MAD BUIS on here, so if the optic craps out, I'll just rip it off and deploy the irons. I plan on getting one of the GG&G Accucam bases for the ACOG to help with that. In the dark, with eyes adapted, the tritium itself is fine, but I can only see the chevron and tip, not the whole BDC. With the light, it gets more than enough light to glow. I think a Vltor stock, the Accucam, and a Magpul grip will finish this rifle, along with a custom camo job. Then it will be time to buy a 6920 and slap an Aimpoint and a PVS-14 on it!

At least we can agree that our rifles kick butt.
Old November 21, 2005, 01:01 PM   #15
spacemanspiff

yeah, now if only i could shoot the darned thing with consistant accuracy. i thought all this ninja gear was supposed to make me the ultimate ninja?
Old November 21, 2005, 04:23 PM   #16
Archie

Spiffy.....?

Did you skip your meds again?

Check out updated journal at http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/
Old November 21, 2005, 04:47 PM   #17
USP45usp

Hey, I found Spiffy at his old job

http://www.StupidVideos.com/?VideoID=152

Either that or WA needed to "take care" of the accountant

I don't know if I will do anything with my AR. I don't have good Ninjatude .

Wayne
Old November 21, 2005, 04:47 PM   #18
JR47

Sounds like WA wasn't handy to remind the Spaceman of a timely attention to his meds. Ninjatude because of a fore-frip? Oh my. Now I see why they needed to go to an HO scale rifle, and caliber. It's so that, when all of the golly gee-whiz additives get positioned, somebody with more than 2% body fat can lift it. Where's the tripod for that telescope?
Old November 21, 2005, 05:55 PM   #19
spacemanspiff

psshaawwww! that vert foregrip is its own mono-pod!

usp45, that aint my old job, its my current day job! i suspected they had secret hidden cameras, but now i know for it for a fact. gee, i hope they dont have one over my cubicle!
Old November 27, 2005, 02:40 AM   #20
IZinterrogator

Let's note the current ninjatude:
Colt M4 with TA31RCO-M4 (with Killflash), KAC M4 RAS, Surefire M900A with IR nav lights, V-Tac MKI sling, and magazine equipped with Magpul Ranger plate (for general purpose use)
Mossberg M590A1 with Sidesaddle, ghost ring sights, and M10 bayonet (for house-clearing)
Beretta M9 and extra magazine in Blackhawk CQR holster
Interceptor vest with SAPI plates and Blackhawk Personal Retention Lanyard
Blackhawk STRIKE pouches holding eight M4 magazines, two M9 magazines, IR strobe, Garmin GPS, lensatic compass, and first-aid dressings
Camelbak Thermobak in desert camo
Alta elbow and knee pads in desert camo
Wiley X SG-1 goggles
Ontario Kabar knife
Gerber multitool
Surefire G2Z
Neck gaiter used as balaclava
DCUs with boonie hat
Desert boots by Belleville

Note that some identifying features have been pixellated to protect my identity from non-ninja types. Please do not note that my lawn needs to be mowed in a bad way.

Spiff, do you want to add up the current ninjatude?

Last edited by IZinterrogator; November 27, 2005 at 03:12 AM.
Old November 27, 2005, 08:20 AM   #21
The British Soldier

Interesting things you get up to in your garden, you sad loser.

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains
And the women come out to cut up what remains
Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling.
Old November 27, 2005, 11:00 AM   #22
Severian

we play NICE here, British....

Spiff, IZ:
To truly test ninjatude, one must devise some set way of quantifying points. Get a large cloak, and walk into a crowded gun-friendly location (a range, store, whatever), looking like a bulky Sith-lord. When all eyes set on you, discard the cloak (or if the fates would have it, a calm, cold wind will genly rip it from you, revealing you in all your tacti-ninja might). If you have ninjatude of ANY level, people (women, men and children) should be SWOONING left and right. Those with more tactical fortitude should at least be rendered stunned and speechless.

Assign points for each swooned, stunned, and cowering individual. Add bonus points if you develop some sort of cult-following, i.e. ninja-groupies (an extra bonus for each female ninja-groupie). Remember, dramaticism would help in the robe-discard phase.

To keep it fair: y'all should both go to the same place, same number of people, but a different day (to let them recover from post-ninja-exposure trauma).
Old November 27, 2005, 03:34 PM   #23
IZinterrogator

Now Mike, Spiff and I do this for a. the amusement of the other members and b. because it is funny and we are able to laugh at ourselves. If you can't take it for the joke that it is, I feel sorry for you and your lack of a sense of humor.

Severian, we need somebody to come up with a point system for ninjatude based on gear, because we live too far apart to follow your plan (and your plan may result in engagement by CCWers who don't know what is going on and/or a SWAT callout ). I do like the idea of having female groupies following me around, though.
Old November 27, 2005, 03:36 PM   #24
gdeal

It ain't so

There I said it.
Old November 27, 2005, 03:55 PM   #25
USP45usp

Mike,

I take offense at what you said. IZ and the Spiffman do this for entertainment and I for one enjoy it.

If it wasn't a thread that is allowed on TFL, it would have been closed, it hasn't been. It's fun and something to smile about while we are trying to live our day to day lives.

As I enjoy the perspective from across the pond that you offer, I also appreciate the humor and diversity given to me via Spiffy and IZ.

As a member, I am not liking the words that you wrote about my friends, they are not losers, they are well welcomed and appreciated for what they bring to the board.

They are not losers.

If you meant it with a smile or a grin, there are smilies for that = smile and = grin.

Wayne

*sorry to take this personally, but my words hold true to what I believe.