The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old December 1, 2011, 03:38 PM   #1
ssurg1

H&R:The American Double Action (.32S&W)

I am looking for a cylinder pin for this H&R .32, model #148627.

If you are able to point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. Jim Hauff has suggested this link for Numrich Gun Parts, but they are sold out:
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...spx?catid=7938

Thanks,
Scott
Old December 1, 2011, 06:32 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Unless originality is important, those pins are easy to make. I have made probably a couple of dozen and it takes only a few minutes with a lathe. I used drill rod, which was undoubtedly a lot better material than the original, but didn't bother to harden it. A nail probably would work fine if turned to the right diameter and the front turned and knurled.

Jim
Old December 1, 2011, 08:14 PM   #3
ssurg1

H&R:The American Double Action (.32S&W)

Hi Jim,
I am not too concerned about originality because this gun was purchased to use as a shooter and a small carry piece. Any chance you can fabricate one of these for me if the folks at Numrich take too long to backorder the part? As a point of functionality, the pin is broken off, with just the outside knurled part missing. The actual pin is in place and the cylinder seems secure and the gun locks up tight when the trigger is fully cocked. So maybe I do not need the pin unless I want to make my life easier and have a way of freeing the cylinder for cleaning.
What do you think?
Scott