The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 23, 2011, 11:00 PM   #26
ipscchef

Two more of my cents

Just to say +1 for Peetza and 44AMP. I do not have a whole lot of experience with the 9mm, but I do just about exactly what they say when I am dealing with that round. In addition what they are telling you is good advise with any roung that you are new to.
Willy
Old January 23, 2011, 11:26 PM   #27
Jim243

Stu925

It sounds like your friend's XD was not reemed correctly and that his chamber was cut a bit too short. While the 9mm is a tapered case it still should index on the case mouth. Or his barrel was reemed a hair too small. You did say you had no problems with them in your Kimber?

Jim
Old January 24, 2011, 12:10 AM   #28
Clark

Different people have different learning styles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_styles

I bought a VHS tape from RCBS that showed how to reload. Watching their hands do handloading was the information I needed to get started handloading.

In 1998 I got a Rockchucker kit that came with a copy of "Speer 12" written in 1994.

Now I would disagree with much of the information in that tape and that book, and don't still use hardly any of the equipment that came in that kit, but it got me started.