The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 5, 2014, 09:47 AM   #26
44 AMP
Staff

Where I live, out in the weeds, any officer at my door gets there from a vehicle, in a place I can see, or they have hiked a couple miles on foot.

One thing I would recommend you all do, is run the programs that ID your home location, yourself. GPS, whatever you call it, every one you can think of, because you never know which one the real cops might use.
Check for errors.

One of them shows lovely overhead pics of my place. Sattelite photos, I guess. Clearly, its my place...BUT they have it located where it is NOT. If you follow computer (and I think 911 system) directions, you will be nearly a half mile away.

While the cops have never shown up at my place, looking for the "wrong address" (so far...) UPS has.
Old June 5, 2014, 10:43 AM   #27
csmsss

Quote:
Most jurisdictions don't let unmarked cars make traffic stops, even our highway patrol cars have lighted license plates and uniformed officers inside. Too easy for predators to buy a blue gumball and troll the roads at night.
What? Sure they do. I oughta know - I've been pulled over often enough by unmarked cruisers (I have a heavy foot and the speeding tickets to prove it).
Old June 5, 2014, 02:24 PM   #28
Glenn E. Meyer

San Antonio roads have unmarked sedans, SUVs and even sporty cars tooling around giving tickets.

I got pulled over by one that thought my registration had expired. It didn't and the officer was polite and said sorry.

If I were worried, I won't get out of the car and call 9-11 very conspicuously to the officer or whatever coming up to me.
Old June 6, 2014, 05:03 PM   #29
Metal god

Not the same but interesting all the same .

I looked out my front door one night and saw to guys sitting in a car with the seat backs down about half way so you barely tell they were in there . It was not late , maybe 9 or 10 pm . That seemed very odd to me so I called the non emergency police line . I told them what was going on and that they seemed to be casing the houses on the block . She said thanks and we will send someone out right away . Less the 5 min later I get a call back from the dispatch telling me those are undercover cops keeping an eye out because of some complaints in the area . I asked what type but she was non specific . Wow ok thanks for keeping the area safe . She called back 5 min later and asked me to turn off my porch light because it was shining light into there car , I did so and went on with my night .

One week later there was a drug raid on the house two doors down sneaky little suckers now ain't they .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .