The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 2, 2012, 02:12 PM   #1
lost

tap o cap paper punched

hey! *someone who has the measure of the tap o cap punched for percussion caps. them from paper tapes? hope you understand my bad English.
Old July 2, 2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Pahoo

For punching out roll-caps

Lost,
I'm understanding that you want to determine the size of punch needed to punch the cap, out of a strip of Roll-Caps, as opposed to the alum. holder. ??

Might I add that roll caps use are getting harder to find and don't seem to pack the power, they use to. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old July 2, 2012, 04:15 PM   #3
lost

Yes. is the size of the punch I'm looking for. when it does not exist in Sweden, I have ordered from another country. therefore it is good to know the size. Toy caps with great force can be ordered, so it's no problem. 1991 they came weaker toy caps in swe, but managed to find the good old things.
Old July 2, 2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Pahoo

Good luck !!

When I used a Tap-O-Cap, I used a hand-held paper bunch. I also trimmed with scissors. I'd say to get as close with a standard hand-held paper punch and then trim. Be careful if you use a single punch as you could burn your fingers. We alsto use to pack the holder with the tips of match-heads and hold with some laquer. Match heads are not what they use to be either. I'd suggest measuring your caps and go from there. ....

Good luck; said Marco from Tropuya ....

Be Safe !!!