The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 7, 2013, 10:48 PM   #1
KABA1791

Trying to decide on my first ccw

Ok. I've read some of the other threads concerning choosing a CCW. I've Googled & YouTubed till I'm blue in the face. I'm just trying to make as much of an informed decision as possible. I'm trying to decide on my first CCW. I'm supposed to receive my carry permit in a couple of weeks, so obviously, I'm new to carrying. I would really appreciate some advice from some of you who've been carrying for a while on the following:

1. Revolver or semi? I'm about 90% sure I want to go with a revolver just because of my inexperience. I own a SW M&P 9c and love it, but not sure if I want to carry it or not. I'm pretty short & stubby; even though it's a compact, it's still seems kind of big for me to carry.
2. How to carry? I just need some help on this. I know it's like the CCW, personal preference, but I just don't know which way to go.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old February 7, 2013, 11:09 PM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

Seeing as how you've posted this in both the Revolver Forum and General Handgun Forum, and the post is more of a general nature, I'm going to close this thread. Please review TFL's Forum Rules.