The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 18, 2005, 12:44 PM   #1
FirstFreedom

Anyone else do this with rimfire ammo?

I just collect and hoard rimfire ammo, esp. .22 lr, long, short. I buy some just about every time I enter any gun or sporting goods store, if it's a different kind from what I already have, since it's so cheap, on the theory that I'll eventually be doing some extensive testing on my current and future rimfire rifles/pistols, in order to find the perfect ammo for each of them. In the meantime, however, a large ammo can has already overflowed, and it's still building. It's more like I'm collecting rimfire ammo than shooting it.
Old April 18, 2005, 12:51 PM   #2
20cows

I used Y2K as an excuse to do that for a while. I thought I had built up a life-time supply. Then I started using 25 rnd magazines in mt 10/22. Now I need another excuse.
Old April 18, 2005, 02:32 PM   #3
johnbt

I sure do buy rimfire ammo. Thursday I stopped by a shop over 100 miles from home and dern if they didn't have a bunch SK Gold, Lapua Midas L and Master M. Since I already had, oh, about 4 cases of .22 LR at home I only bought a little.

Storage hint: a brick of cheap .22 ammo makes a great doorstop.

John