The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 25, 2011, 04:44 PM   #76
Willie D

I have to take issue with the thread title.

Sure, this theoretically could happen anywhere - but it's probably 1000 times more likely to happen on a Septa bus in North Philly compared to the majority of localities in the US.

Not to say you shouldn't always be alert but seeing something like this wouldn't really raise my personal DEFCON rating if I lived out in Green Acres or somewhere. Heck, I live on a different part of that same bus line and I don't worry too much about that stuff.
Old August 25, 2011, 06:32 PM   #77
youngunz4life

markj

Quote:
Then the man needs to dial 911 and let the pros handle this, I bet it would have ended differntly if he had done things this way. I hate to say that as I prefer to handle things myself but in this day it is best to involve the police and remain anonomys.
Again you make a good point, but does that change the fact that this person trying to help the child was dealing w/an emotionally unstable individual? Did he deserve this consequence? Also, she might've been long gone by the time the police arrived, and the person was probably trying to be kind by giving a verbal warning before bringing the police and possibly social services in her life. After what happened, I wouldn't be surprised if this person witnessed more than the article has knowledge of: lots can be construed by listening to dialogue and just being a fly on a wall for a few bus stops. I myself would usually mind my business, just saying. So the disgruntled worker that comes back and tries to off everyone...I guess it wouldn't have happened if they saw his side and/or didn't fire him prematurely? you catch my drift
Old August 26, 2011, 02:20 PM   #78
markj

Quote:
Did he deserve this consequence
I dont think he deserved anything, I am just saying in todays world it is best to NOT confront another person and tell them what to do. They may be a flake as this one was and you may end up dead for one little remark.

I am all about AVOIDANCE and I try to AVOID situations that may get me shot. I will use my cell phone and let the paid pros handle the situation. That way I dont have to worry about some idiot shooting at me, I was shot once and it hurts real bad. 9 months healing sucks too, loss of work loss of pay. But hey, do as you wish. I am old enought to just keep my mouth shut.

Did he expect that from her? Heck no, if he did would he had still said something to her? Would you?

I had a dealing with a crazy person, he hit me in my head with a radio, broke a tooth off at the gum. That hurrt worse that the hit on the head. Nut cases are all around us, be carefull or you may see the wild side of nutso.