The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 5, 2009, 05:46 PM   #1
psychohellbilly666

Price check on a smith and wesson revolver holster

Hoping someone can give me an approximate value on a black leather Smith and Wesson holster. Appears to be part of a police ric for an officers revolver. I will get some pics and numbers off of it this weekend and post. Just didn't know if it had any value. Thanks
Old November 5, 2009, 05:55 PM   #2
trigger happy

depends on the maker, condition and finally demand, far too many variables with too many unanswered questions
Old November 5, 2009, 06:04 PM   #3
psychohellbilly666

The snap on the strap actually has the S and W logo. Will upload pics this weekend. Thanks
Old November 7, 2009, 11:23 AM   #4
psychohellbilly666

some pics of the holster

Here are some pics of he holster. From what i can tell from the snap and stamp in the leather on the back of the holster it is actually made by Smith and Wesson. B17 and 34 are also stamped on the back. Thanks for any help. Value, what fits it etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back stamps.jpg (252.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg front snap.jpg (248.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg overall.jpg (233.8 KB, 60 views)
Old November 7, 2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Glenn Dee

That looks like a S&W version of a Jordan Border partol holster. My gun shop has several versions in the used holster box right now. Buchiemer, Jay-pee, and a couple of Don Humes. All in better condition. They are selling for between $10.00, and $20.00. I believe these holsters became obsolite with the move to security holsters.
Old November 7, 2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Tommy Vercetti

it looks like a Jordan to me as well
Old November 7, 2009, 04:50 PM   #7
psychohellbilly666

Thanks for the info. Didn't know if there would be any more value since was smith and wesson.
Old November 7, 2009, 11:58 PM   #8
T. O'Heir

"...a Jordan Border patrol holster...part of a police rig..." Yep. They work pretty well. One of the first holsters I made was similar.
S&W had 'em made for them by one of the holster companies. Haven't a clue which one. Might be of interest to a Smith 'stuff' collector. Not worth a pile of money though.
Old November 17, 2009, 10:02 AM   #9
Malamute

Smith had holsters made for them for a while, they ranged from decent to fair quality and design in general. Last one I bought (a basic Threepersons type) I believe I paid $15 in like new condition.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-