The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 28, 2007, 01:05 PM   #1
Sturmgewehre

Good gunsmith for 1860 Colt

Who is a good gunsmith to have a Colt 1860 Army sent to for repairs? I would also like to have the action slicked up. This is a Colt marked revolver, I believe they were made by a third party years ago and Colt approved their stamping the name on the gun. Regardless, I've got a broken spring in the action and I would like to get it back up and running.

Thanks for any info!
Old February 28, 2007, 02:38 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I am not sure what the relationship between that company and the current Colt is, but Colt should be able to tell you if you call or e-mail them.

Gunsmiths who work on single actions should have no problem with your 60 Army. In fact, those guns are so simple that I see no reason you could not install a new spring yourself if that is all that is wrong.

Google "SAA gunsmith" and look at both repair shops and books. There are a couple of video tapes as well.

Jim