The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 18, 2010, 03:22 PM   #1
BombthePeasants

I got my Lee Pro Auto Disk today!...

I am currently using it on an RCBS single stage press, but I will shortly upgrade to a Lee Classic Cast Turret. I found it to be very quick, but I had some spillage on top of the disk, very messy. I think, though, this is because my desk I have it set up on is unstable, and it "hops" up during the upstroke. Overall, I love it! Now...next phase:

Lee Classic Cast Turret
Lee Reloading Stand (NEW!) I really want one!
Old December 18, 2010, 03:34 PM   #2
rdmallory

I have one use it all the time on my Classic turret . I have about 8 different calibers ready to go on the disks. It sure saves on setting up the dies each time. I have been wanting to go blue but the same setup on the Dillon would be close to 1K.

Mine is mounted to the Frankford Arsenal stand

About $70

Doug
Old December 18, 2010, 03:54 PM   #3
testuser

I love the Lee Auto Disk! I have two. One with the adjustable charge bar for handgun loads and a triple disk setup of my own making for loading rifle cartridges to replace my not-so-great Lee Perfect Powder Measure.

Regarding the turret press, don't forget to measure the powder AFTER you've rotated the turret and conducted press operations. (Otherwise, it will throw too high.)