The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 24, 2020, 06:42 PM   #76
fastlane

The wife and I both have a P01. Hers is the aluminum decocker, it has a SA trigger pull of 3.7 pounds and a DA trigger pull of 6.11 pounds. David from CGW installed the pro-Package. This pistol compares to my 34 year old S/W model 15. It is that good.

I have the all steel P01. It has a SA trigger pull of 3.7 pounds and a DA trigger pull of 7.4 pounds. Thomas from GGW installed the pro-Package.

Both P01 have Dawson sights, the pistols are far more accurate then I will be able to shoot.

I highly recommend CZ and CGW.
Old September 24, 2020, 08:28 PM   #77
dgludwig

Regarding the P01 pistol, from a 2014 CZ catalog, it has a light alloy frame, a decocker, "75 B" style sights and an accessory rail but does not have a loaded chamber indicator. The 75 D PCR Compact model has a loaded chamber indicator and "low drag" (FSF) sights. It too is equipped with a decocker, has an alloy frame but does not have the accessory rail. Finally, the 75 Compact model has a steel frame, a manual safety lever (no decocker) and "75 B" style sights. It does not have a loaded chamber indicator. All three of the aforementioned have DA/SA "trigger mechanisms".
Old September 24, 2020, 10:09 PM   #78
volkstrm

My CZ'S are 75BD,75compact,p-01,cz,40,97b. Had the sp-01 but had to sell it off. When the p-06 came out I looked all over for one but I never found one. Anyone here have one? And if so what do you think of it? Thanks.
Old September 25, 2020, 05:25 AM   #79
jdc1244

My P01 was a big hit with my son and daughter-in-law when we last went to the range.
Old September 25, 2020, 01:37 PM   #80
ghbucky

Quote:
97b
Volkstrm, how do you like your 97? I'm pondering either that or a Sig P220.

I'd love to hear what you have to say about yours.
Old September 25, 2020, 03:46 PM   #81
sigarms228

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroader View Post
Sp-01 shadow in stock at CZ Custom $880.
https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz...exclusive.html
That is exactly what my CZ is, the basic SP01 Shadow. IMO an excellent buy for the extras and a very fun range gun.

I was kind of peeved with CZ though after having it for a bit. I believed I was not shooting it near it's potential accuracy wise and after more than a few range trips I figured out the rear sight was slightly loose and would move around while shooting. At least I was happy I found the problem. I emailed CZ customer service about it and they never responded. I tightened the set screw and used blue Blue Loctite after using alcohol to clean everything but it still would come loose. Finally I ended up peening the back side of the rear sight with a metal punch in three spots so that it was finally tight enough to stay in place with the set screw.

The trigger quality was pretty good and much better than my son's CZ SP01 but still with some annoying not smooth creep in SA. After a couple thousand rounds that has smoothed out very nicely and I really like the trigger pull. I tried a base CZ Shadow 2 at LGS dry fire and found it had the same type of creep my SP01 Shadow had when new.

More recently I changed the trigger out as I really did not like the curved shape of the trigger that my SP01 Shadow came with. I ordered and installed the CGW "old style" reproduction 85C trigger and I am happy with that. I have to say though that installing the trigger was much more complicated than installing triggers on other pistols of mine but I got it done finally and man there are some really tiny parts in there LOL.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75...style-trigger/

The grip on the CZ pistols are a bit small for my hand size and I am not a fan of the small grip area to manipulate the slide. I think CZs are terrific pistols but I only own the one and my preference for hammer fired DA/SA pistols is with SIG and HK. They just fit me better and work better for me but everyone is different and good that we have some many choices. For CCW I still mainly use my Gen 2 Glock 19 I bought new in 1992 and for hammer fired CCW I have an HK P30SK LEM with the 13 round magazine.

This is my CZ after I changed the trigger out, a definite keeper for me.

Last edited by sigarms228; September 25, 2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old September 25, 2020, 04:27 PM   #82
sevt_chevelle

Quote:
Volkstrm, how do you like your 97? I'm pondering either that or a Sig P220.

I'd love to hear what you have to say about yours.
I have both, it's not even in the same league. CZ 97 hands down. Mine went to CGW for the E-mod conversion, which is a 1911 barrel bushing and pro package trigger. It out shoots my Dan Wesson 1911s, and other 1911s including some high end stuff.
Old September 25, 2020, 07:04 PM   #83
ghbucky

Thanks, sevt!

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I've kind of resigned myself to having to wait out the current madness before I will get a chance to handle one and get a feel for it.
Old September 25, 2020, 09:51 PM   #84
volkstrm

Funny I have both of them. I love my 97B. Mine had the wood grips on it but I put the stock cz rubber grips from the 97Bd on it. Better fit for me and I have big hands. I think my 97B out shoots my sig 220 combat. Its that good. I did and you should replace the 13lb recoil spring to a 16lb from the start. The 13lb is to week. I also went with a steel guide rod got it from CZ. Mine is an 2005 so I had it a long time it never failed me one time. I think you will like it.
Old September 26, 2020, 07:28 AM   #85
ghbucky

Quote:
Funny I have both of them. I love my 97B. Mine had the wood grips on it but I put the stock cz rubber grips from the 97Bd on it. Better fit for me and I have big hands. I think my 97B out shoots my sig 220 combat. Its that good. I did and you should replace the 13lb recoil spring to a 16lb from the start. The 13lb is to week. I also went with a steel guide rod got it from CZ. Mine is an 2005 so I had it a long time it never failed me one time. I think you will like it.
Now its 2 out of 2 here on the recommendation. I guess that seals the deal. Thank you!
Old September 26, 2020, 07:24 PM   #86
volkstrm

Don't get me wrong the sig 220 is a great gun also its lighter shoots good also I just think the 97b is better IMO.
Old September 26, 2020, 07:55 PM   #87
dgludwig

I'm a big fan of the SIG Model 227 (has a couple extra round capacity over the 220) but it's my understanding that SIG has stopped making this pistol. Some have asked why it's no longer being made; the obvious reason being that, for whatever reason, too few people were buying it. A pity, imo.
Old September 28, 2020, 12:04 AM   #88
Ignition Override

My CZ PCR's quality plus various private owners' reports helped enhance my confidence in the idea of acquiring a first, modern Czech rifle: the VZ-58 by Czechpoint/CSA.

In reverse: those whose first Czech gun is this rifle might also realize the quality of the CZ handguns.
Old September 28, 2020, 01:37 AM   #89
JDBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgludwig:
I'm a big fan of the SIG Model 227 (has a couple extra round capacity over the 220) but it's my understanding that SIG has stopped making this pistol. Some have asked why it's no longer being made; the obvious reason being that, for whatever reason, too few people were buying it. A pity, imo
Yet another casualty of Mr. Cohen’s marketing strategy for Sig products, to replace more expensive to produce alloy framed models, with cheaper to produce polymer framed models. Why continue to produce the P239 when the P365 is cheaper to produce & sell? Well I think my own P239 is a darn good carry gun that is also a good shooting gun, and that’s what works for me.
Old October 1, 2020, 12:02 AM   #90
Benchmark12

Buy it. Period. bahabaha!
Old October 4, 2020, 09:17 AM   #91
4V50 Gary
Staff

CZ-75

Suggested it to my cousin (small female) along with some others. Told her that it should fit her hand but to make sure she can rack the slide. She couldn't. No go for her.

The S&W EZ works better for her.

BTW, she trained on the M9 in the Air Farce and qualified as expert.
Old October 8, 2020, 06:01 PM   #92
Jack19

If it helps, my Glock 19 is long gone; replaced by the 75 Compact.

MUCH prefer steel/aluminum frames.
Old November 13, 2020, 11:41 AM   #93
Beretta 97b

Just bought CZ 97b

I just purchased a Beretta CZ97b for my first handgun. I have read mostly good reviews on this gun. Anyone out there have anything bad to say about it? It looks to be a brand new 2020 model. Looking to see if anyone has a new model or heard anything bad about it. Can’t wait to get out and put some rounds through it this weekend! Thanks for any info.
Old November 13, 2020, 11:54 AM   #94
Jim Watson

Where does Beretta come into it?
Old November 13, 2020, 12:38 PM   #95
vulcan73

Quote:
Where does Beretta come into it?
It's like calling all single engine airplanes as "Piper Cubs". A newbie bought a semi-auto so it's a "Beretta". As far as his question goes, CZ's are excellent guns of any caliber...smart move getting a '97b', congrats.
Old November 13, 2020, 12:56 PM   #96
T. O'Heir

Sniff. Been crying ever since the CZ 75 first came to Canada in the late 70's/early 80's. Every one of 'em came with a factory test target. Averaged about 2". No idea at what distance or what ammo. Sniff. The CZ-75 is too big for my hand. Sniff.
Old November 15, 2020, 08:45 PM   #97
claydoctor

I'm a big fan of the 1911, to the point, where I have over twenty of them. About a year ago, I became interested in the CZ-75 SAO, only to find out, it had been discontined. Story of my life. I did find one on Gunbroker and have been impressed with the quality, especially consideting the price. Just yesterday, I made the mistake again of cruising Gunbroker and am now awaiting delivery of a CZ-75 Compact. Everything I've read about it so far is very positive. Christmas comes early this year.
Old December 11, 2020, 01:11 PM   #98
RedArrow

Love the CZs but they can get pricey. Keep an open mind and research your options. I went with a CZ clone. The SARS B6C. Polymer and an incredibly comfortable and accurate gun for only $275 new. Handles anything i put through it including 125 LRN reloads.
Old December 11, 2020, 07:00 PM   #99
wild cat mccane

My largest internet hype disappointment came from the CZ SP-01 Tactical.

Literally the most standard trigger available. Everyone talks about it like it's amazing. Don't get it.
Old December 12, 2020, 01:29 AM   #100
JDBerg

The CZ 75B SA that my friend bought last year new for $549.00, IMHO, WAS the best new gun for the money! The only thing I don’t like about it is that I didn’t buy it!