The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 21, 2017, 01:43 AM   #26
mr bolo

M1911A1

I would keep my M1911A1 for all purpose defense use and side arm

for hunting large game I would keep my Mosin Nagant M44 also for protection against Grizzley bears.

also a Benelli 12 gauge trap gun for hunting small game / bird gun
Old April 23, 2017, 01:21 PM   #27
Don Fischer

I am amazed how many guy's would keep three different guns around for home defense, concealed carry and woods carry! Wow! Then one more for hunting. The idea escapes me. A handgun cartridge in the right gun will work for home defense, concealed carry and woods carry, if ya really need a woods carry gun! I think a couple listed a shotgun for home defense, a handgun for concealed carry and a different handgun for woods carry! What does woods carry mean anyway? There seem's to be a trend here that most people think you can't have enough defense weapon's and give the hunting side little though. Doesn't appear to be to many bird hunters here either.

Wait, I get it. You get four, your wife get four, your son get's four, your daughter get's got and you keep another four around for when the mother in law visits.