The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 30, 2009, 12:20 PM   #1
muchocranium

Need 200 LR primers in PGH. PA

Will somebody sell me 200 large rifle prmers for a reasonable price without me having to bend over?
[email protected]
Old July 30, 2009, 01:26 PM   #2
margiesex

The hazmat will kill ya!

Hello - it's not the primer cost that will get you - it's the hazmat fee of $ 20.00.

How about hopping on the PA Pike and taking a day trip to the Cabela's in Wheeling WV? You could save enough on hazmat to get an entire brick!

God bless.

Margiesex

And remember: Hug your God and your guns - 'cause he's coming for them both, and soon!
Old July 30, 2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Doodlebugger45

I wouldn't have any problem giving you 200, except for a couple things. First of all, I don't have any, all I have are LR Magnums. But an even bigger problem is that I don't think I can legally send them to you. The online stores charge you $22.50 for each shipment that contains powder or primers. And I think they have to have some kind of certification to do that.

I see lots of ads on Gun Broker selling primers (usually at ridiculous prices). Some of them say they are certified to do it and they will add the haz mat fee into the price. But others don't even mention it at all. I have to believe there is a chance of getting into some serious trouble just sending them against the rules like that.
Old July 30, 2009, 04:26 PM   #4
Farmland

Patience, I think Johnson's in Norvelt will be getting them soon. You may want to call them. There is a place in Ebensburgh that had some two weeks back. They are coming.
Old August 1, 2009, 08:04 AM   #5
bgdv1

sportsman supply up in butler has primers. i just bought 1000 lrg mag and 1000 sm rifle primers . cci 250 and cci 400. its worth a trip, prob an hour from pittsburgh, its on rt 356 heading out of butler towards freeport. rt8 north from pitt to butler up over hill to 356 and 3 minutes your there.