The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 6, 2000, 11:27 AM   #1
swampy

do any of the reloaders here use any of the ballistics software programs out there? If you do, which ones do you like and why? What features are missing and you wish your program had? Thanks.
Old December 6, 2000, 04:25 PM   #2
Hot Core

Load From A Disk by Wayne Blackwell

Hey swampy, I've had the DOS version of Load From A Disk (LFAD) for quite a long time. I just recently upgraded to the current Windows version and it has some excellent new features about graphing trajectories that the old version didn't have.

Rather than bore you with details, you can go check it out for yourself at http://www.loadammo.com which is Mr. Blackwell's site. It lists all the Program features and you can even download a FREE 30 day trial version for 30cal.

If you are into Wildcats, it has an excellent "Internal Ballistics" program which allows you to do some "estimating" of Pressure and Velocities.

I've heard people speak well of QuickLoad, but I've no personal experience with it.

Good hunting and clean 1-shot kills, Hot Core