The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old October 16, 2010, 07:27 AM   #26
Webleymkv

There's absolutely no reason that a gun can't be both functional and handsome. While I do prefer a certain look to my guns, I use them too. A proper holster and regular cleaning go a long way towards keeping your gun pretty.

Old October 16, 2010, 07:45 AM   #27
MonsterB

I guess I like both ugly and purty...I have a glock23, a ruger lcp, both somewhat on the ugly side, and a S&W 686 snub that it think is one of the best looking guns there is...I also have a super tricked out ruger MK2 stainless that is pretty sexy...all of my guns function flawless, which in my mind makes them all beautiful
Old October 16, 2010, 07:53 AM   #28
mrt949

Liked pretty guns all nice and clean stayed in the safe . NO FUN in that got rid of the QUEENS now have a bunch of SLAVES to play with more FUN and money .
Old October 16, 2010, 08:27 AM   #29
Chris_B

I can't really understand the situation in which people decry "safe queens" because they "look clean and pretty". It's snobbish on the one hand, and silly on the other. You can use a gun, particularly a pistol, and then actually clean it. It won't hurt you to get the crud off it, you know Clean, pretty guns doesn't mean they are locked away and the owner is afraid of dirt. It only means the guns are clean

Safe queen? No. Regular shooter. I take care of the thing and I give a damn about it. Pretty dern pretty 1944 Springfield

Safe queen? No. 1943 Inland

Safe queen? Again no. Regular shooter. Made in 1988, looks new. I love this thing, it's so purposeful. SiG hit a home run with the P226 in 9mm

Shooter. Made in 1978. Takes twenty minutes to clean this thing to sparkling

I don't think it makes anyone knowledgeable about guns if they do not take care of their expensive things as much as possible. I especially don't give the opinion much weight when the attitude is coupled with a suggestion that somebody does wrong by keeping their nice things nice!
Old October 16, 2010, 09:22 AM   #30
mavracer

Quote:
I like pocket carry so what I really should get for myself,,,
Is a hammerless DA-Only like a S&W Model 442,,,
But man that is one b***-ugly gun,,,
I just can't make myself buy one.
I'll admit with the OM grips they do leave a little to be desired astheticly so do the rugers but the 2 tone with the Hogue laminat Bantams is kinda sexy

besides a little honest wear adds to the asethics of a Packin Iron
My handguns are are for one purpose only, though...
The starter gun on the "Fat man's mad dash tactical retreat."

Tags
glock , kimber , pretty guns , ugly guns