The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 27, 2011, 03:40 PM   #1
baddarryl

Trigger problem on 1100

I initially put this in the Smithy Forum but got no response so here it is (is that legal?). I have Rem 1100 with 28 mod on it that I bought last year. Only shot it 1 time and ran 100 flawless rounds through it. Was a thing of beauty. So I took it home and field stripped it according to the manual and pics, cleaned it and put it back together I thought correctly. That was months ago. I just picked it up and attempted to dry fire it after cycling the bolt and the trigger won't activate the hammer unless I hold the gun in almost vertical position. Seems like it is sticking on something or something is blocking its full travel. Is this even common? A problem? Or did I just reinstall the trigger group incorrectly? I am a total amateur at smithing beyond cleaning so any help is appreciated. I took my time and thought I did it right.
Old July 27, 2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Slugo

ya' got me stumped...

It had to be in your reassembly process. I suggest taking it to a local competent smith and have him perform the necessary corrective action while you watch. Also, there are a number of YouTube videos on the 1100...
Old July 27, 2011, 06:57 PM   #3
baddarryl

Thanks. I am waiting to get a tip from here before I take it apart again. If not then there is a smith in town to give me another excuse to hit the LGS!
Old July 27, 2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Rugerismisticness

Youtube vids help with everything and anything.
Old July 28, 2011, 11:56 PM   #5
shortwave

baddaryl,

Google:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...p?f=55&t=91897...

...for complete tear down and cleaning of the 1100 including important tips on trigger ass'y.

Hope this helps.