The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old September 16, 2020, 12:58 PM   #26
ThomasT

Last levers I bought was a Marlin 336 in 35 remington and a Glenfield 30A with half magazine tube in 30-30. I shot the 35 Rem a little but ended up selling because I needed the cash and so far haven't shot the Glenfield. I did have the same Glenfield many years ago and it was a tack driving rifle with the shorter mag tube. I hope to hunt with it this year.

But my all time favorite gun of all is the Marlin 357 I bought in 2002. What a great shooting gun that one is.
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM   #27
tubeshooter

My last lever action was a Rossi 92 in .45 Colt. I was going to pass on it because it was a 16" barrel, but now I am glad I went ahead and got it. Pleasant and fun to shoot.

I also got a Henry Small Game Carbine in .22lr with a peep sight about a year ago that also has a 16" barrel. That gun shoots very straight and I have always liked receiver sights. This one is definitely a keeper.

I have enjoyed how handy both of these carbine-length levers have turned out to be.

I already had some other levers, but they are more standard length and not really carbines. I am a fan of levers. I know a vendor who has several Marlin .45-70s in stock and I will probably add one in the near future, especially if the future of Marlin starts looking grim.