The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 18, 2018, 07:52 PM   #1
bp22

cz p10c

anyone have any experience with this firearm good or bad.
Old May 18, 2018, 08:51 PM   #2
JMag1

Same size as Glock 19; less expensive; great trigger; reports of cracked frames.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old May 19, 2018, 10:30 AM   #3
Chui

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMag1 View Post
Same size as Glock 19; less expensive; great trigger; reports of cracked frames.

Where are those "reports of cracked frames"?

I've not experienced anything negative but horrid sights.

Old May 19, 2018, 10:37 AM   #4
JMag1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chui View Post
Where are those "reports of cracked frames"?

I've not experienced anything negative but horrid sights.

One source

https://youtu.be/bYRYTaLGtmA

Old May 20, 2018, 01:23 AM   #5
armoredman

I have two of them, an original FDE model, seen here in this video I did addressing one problem one company said they experienced.

https://youtu.be/Xix0X2GiHAA

I now have a White Nitride model as well,

And both of them shoot very well. There are some things to be aware of - the mag release is STIFF, and needs some working in. The slide release also tends to be very stiff, and like the mag release, it will need breaking in, but after a few hundred rounds they should loosen up just fine. The stippling is aggressive as all get out - your hand could be covered in blood oil and soft soap, and that gun is going nowhere. On the other hand, the FDE was so pronounced that I ended up taking a sanding block to it to lighten them up. The White Nitride seems to be fine from the get go.

The White Knight, as I call it, is my EDC now.
Old May 20, 2018, 07:04 AM   #6
OhioGuy

I've only shot it twice, both times as a rental. I didn't experience the stiff releases on the range, but handling new in the store was like "Wow, did they cement these in place?"

The gun was very easy to handle and shot well, with a nice trigger that I thought was about on par with the almighty Walther PPQ trigger. The stippling was kinda weird, but I'm a fan of Talon grips so it's kind of moot anyway.

All in all a nice gun, although I couldn't pronounce it any better or worse than most other 9mm plastics. The sights were small with tiny dots. Over the past year, for me, I still would come back to the S&W M2.0 as the best overall striker 9mm. It fits me perfectly in every way.

But I don't own one, because I still like DA/SA guns, and I carry a CZ P-07 that will never leave me
Old May 20, 2018, 11:57 AM   #7
bp22

I started watching some video reviews and I kinda like sootch and Hickocke 45 they gave good reviews then I got to handle one and liked it. try to go to range MONDAY.
Old May 21, 2018, 05:54 AM   #8
stangbangr

I have one and it is bigger than a G19 especially when carried 12-14 per day. I prefer my M&P compact over it.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:32 AM   #9
armoredman

Interesting you say that - the differences are pretty small, Gen 5 19 is 5.04 inches high, 7.28 inches long, and 1.34 inches wide, while the P-10C is 5.2 inches tall, 7.3 inches long and 1.26 inches wide, using the manufacturers data from their home page. I do agree some of my Glock 19 holsters don't fit, and then some do.
Hows the trigger on the M&P compared to the other two, if you don't mind me asking?
Old May 22, 2018, 01:06 AM   #10
TunnelRat

To me the difference in height between the P10-C and Glock 19 is noticeable. I imagine some would not find it noticeable and I imagine that in part is a function of your body type and where you carry on your body. I know many people that don't mind carrying a Glock 17.

I owned one and put about a 1000 rds through it before I sold it. I liked the texture though I could see how some wouldn't. Mine never had any issues such as cracked frame, loosening pins, or the shifted striker assembly that I've read about. I could only get the striker assembly to shift by manually causing the malfunctiom. That said it's a malfunction I can't cause on the Glock or M&P at all as the striker assembly cannot shift in the same way. I did think the trigger was nice, but honestly I don't mind the stock triggers on my Gen 5 Glock 19 or the M&P 2.0 Compact and I actually think the PPQ still has a slightly better trigger. I've owned almost all the striker fired pistols currently in production and I think much gets made about triggers that while apparent on a square range is less so in defensive shooting. With time any of the three I've mentioned can be shot well. The stock sights, especially the front, are a bit small but they're at least metal. I did find it had more snap to it for me than either the Glock or M&P in terms of recoil, but that's subjective.

In the end I sold it and I don't really miss it. Aftermarket support was okay and I don't doubt it will improve, but I'm spoiled by more popular and longer produced pistols in that regard. I was disappointed when I contacted CZ for parts availability and found them unwilling to sell me parts that both Glock and S&W would sell (I have a thread on a trigger safety rubbing issue you can find, which actually turned out to be too much flashing left over on the frame). I think it's a solid return to the striker fired arena from CZ, but I was never wowed by it and with the money I have invested in other pistols and the slightly larger size of it I didn't feel motivated to keep it. I like the M&P 2.0 and Glock more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old May 22, 2018, 08:09 AM   #11
Fishbed77

Quote:
To me the difference in height between the P10-C and Glock 19 is noticeable.
Indeed. I find it hard to believe that no manufacturer (to my knowledge) has yet designed a 15-round 9mm pistol that is truly the same size or smaller than the Glock 19. A lot are close, but all are still larger.

The CZ P10C and P07 are a bit larger. The Walter P99/PPQ is a little larger. The M&P 2.0 Compact is slightly larger. The HK VP9 is considerably larger.
Old May 22, 2018, 08:13 AM   #12
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbed77 View Post
Indeed. I find it hard to believe that no manufacturer (to my knowledge) has yet designed a 15-round 9mm pistol that is truly the same size or smaller than the Glock 19. A lot are close, but all are still larger.

The CZ P10C and P07 are a bit larger. The Walter P99/PPQ is a little larger. The M&P 2.0 Compact is slightly larger. The HK VP9 is considerably larger.
If you take the magazines out and compare them, the P10-C vs the Glock, the CZ mags are noticeably longer. They taper to a single feed starting much further down the magazine body, whereas Glock mags taper very close to the top.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old June 14, 2018, 11:18 PM   #13
PP99

Maybe the new M&P 2.0 with 3.6" barrel length.