The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old September 15, 2001, 12:05 PM   #1
cghammo

Where to shoot near Allentown, Pa.

Are there any ranges, indoor or outdoor, that are open to the public near Allentown, Pa? If there aren't any public ranges, are there any private clubs where a membership may be purchased? I have a family member that is relocating there and would like to know. Thank you for your help.
South side of Allentown, Emmaus to be specific.

Last edited by cghammo; September 15, 2001 at 04:58 PM.
Old September 15, 2001, 02:14 PM   #2
Alex Szabo

cghammo,

I know of one due east of Fleetwood, cant' remember the name nor the road it's on [somewhere north of Pricetown Rd]. I'll call my dad and ask him [see if he knows the name and its locale].

Depends where you are in Allentown, it should be with a half-hour drive from you.

If I am able, I'll try to find a web-site I visited earlier this year of all of the ranges in PA as I cannot place my finger on that URL either.

I am relatively sure you should be able to find some there around Catasaqua, Northhampton, or the Cementon area's too.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! - Benjamin Franklin 1759
Old September 16, 2001, 01:44 PM   #3
jthuang

1. Public Ranges - there is a Game Commission range near Allentown. Call the PA Game Commission and they can direct you there. Be aware that PA GC rules are rather strict (e.g., no more than 3 rounds in your gun at once).

2. Private Clubs -

a. Ontelaunee Rod & Gun (New Tripoli, about 30 minutes from Allentown) - no website that I know of. Take 309N to 143, turn left on 143 and follow until you see Gun Club Road on your right, along with a big sign for the club.
b. Easton Fish & Game (Easton, about 30 mins) - see http://www.eastontacticalops.com
c. Blue Ridge Cherry Valley (Sciota, about 45 mins) - see http://www.geocities.com/kevinm34_2000/brcv-index.html

All time estimates are from the intersection of 476 and 22 (the Allentown exit of the Northeast Extension).

HTH,

Justin
Old September 16, 2001, 04:54 PM   #4
Open Carry

I hear that shooting at the south side public housing is popular this year.

Or, there is an indoor range in Whitehall called 'The Firing Line' north about 7 miles on Rte 145/MacArthur Rd.