The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old August 9, 2014, 11:18 PM   #1
TXAZ

How would lawyers on TFL find a lawyer in another state if they needed one?

With many gun laws being overturned, enacted, or changed, and reading about the woman who drove into NJ with an out of state licensed gun with hollow points, the question is:

If you suddenly needed a criminal lawyer in another state, how would you find one if you didn't know one?

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old August 10, 2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Frank Ettin
Staff

I'm a member of Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, so I'd probably start there.

I'd also go to various folks I know who might be able to help. I've worked with Massad Ayoob and could call him. I know some lawyers in other States I could ask. I've done a bit of RKBA consulting and have some contacts there I could call.

It's really about old fashion networking.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Old August 10, 2014, 02:21 PM   #3
JimDandy

One could also connect with the NRA and see if they have any recommendations for the area. Of course that's going to be a lot like a blind date from an internet dating service. You're likely getting hooked up with someone who paid to get hooked up with you. But it's a step above cold calling everyone in the phone book until you find a firearms lawyer.