The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old July 20, 2012, 04:41 AM   #1
1911Alaska

Colorado Movie Theatre Shooting

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...orado#comments

Sad. I hate when I see things like this, not only for the life lost but now all the media will be talking about is how guns need to be banned. does not make sence to me. I wish I could say if everyone in that theater was carrying it would not had happen but that might have made it worse. In a dark theater like that a lot of people might panic and start randomly shooting

Old July 20, 2012, 05:01 AM   #2
Cluck Me

The tear gas would make thing so much worse as well as a dark theater.
Old July 20, 2012, 05:17 AM   #3
jason_iowa

Have there been confirmation of tear gas? Apparently he had a vest a couple handguns and a rifle. I have not heard what was used but they were saying 15-20 shots and 50 injured 14 dead so I'm guessing it was a higher powered round. Can't blame guns or violent movies for a sick mind.
Old July 20, 2012, 05:39 AM   #4
youngunz4life

15 confirmed deceased...youngest 6 yrs old and also reports that a baby was shot
Old July 20, 2012, 05:43 AM   #5
jason_iowa

I'm still hearing 14 with a toddler badly injured. I'm sure once things get calmed down and familys get notified we will have a lot more info.
Old July 20, 2012, 05:46 AM   #6
youngunz4life

I didn't post before because I don't want to add rumor, but supposedly one child was shot multiple times thru her back as she tried to flee. I guess this scumbag thought the theatre bit was creative.

They evacuated his apt complex because he said "there were bombs there" and because they found one in movie theatre(they don't know if it was there ahead of time or thrown during his assault). They are interviewing his family and colleagues to figure out hopefully what this guy's major malfunction was. They are saying he isn't a terrorist of any sort, but I am not sure how they would know this so quick.
Old July 20, 2012, 05:59 AM   #7
jason_iowa

Reports are that he did not resist. Which is why I'm guessing they are saying its not terrorism. Fanatics usually fight to the bitter end. Just supposition on my part. Whole thing seems like the act of a madman. I just feel for the families of the victims of this cowardly act.
Old July 20, 2012, 06:15 AM   #8
seed

I just hope they don't publicize his name or any details about him that would give him the attention he and others like him want. The story should read something like, "Some psychopathic loser mass murderer whose name and details we will not release (due to the fact that that is a primary goal he undoubtedly wished to 'achieve' upon committing this massacre) shot and killed 14 people and wounded 50 others."
Old July 20, 2012, 06:42 AM   #9
cannonfire

My girlfriend woke me up to tell me this story, it truly is sad. Being that it is Colorado, I'm surprised that more people weren't carrying, but as said before it may have made things worse, I don't know. The girlfriend said to me, "do we really live in that messed up of a world?" I guess the answer is yes. She was on the fence before about carrying, but an event like this may have made her in a believer.

Last edited by Frank Ettin; July 20, 2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: edit out profanity
Old July 20, 2012, 07:05 AM   #10
Frank Ettin
Staff

Just because a gun was used doesn't make a report of a shooting on topic for T&T. We need to be able to learn something, and this isn't going in that direction.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread