The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 27, 2007, 08:33 PM   #76
Mannlicher

InToItTrx

Quote:
Well if someone broke into my house and my Glock 21 which is my home defense gun did not do the job I would probably move to my H&K Shotgun.

Outside my home, if my Beretta 8040 which is my carry weapon did not do the job, I am soon adding an FN 57 to my collection, so that should be able to stop them.
Boy, I sure hope when your Glock fails, the perp will put it on hold until you reach the shotgun.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old February 27, 2007, 09:14 PM   #77
smince

March 18, 2005

Talk about raising the dead (thread)
Old February 28, 2007, 10:36 PM   #78
FM12

Gee...I don't know what else can be said...please note, first, that the term "bullet-PROOF" is a misnomer, the correct term is "body armor" or "bullet resistant", very little of what we know as kevlar, et. al. is really, truly "bulletproof", even with the trauma plate installed, covering roughly the area of the sternum (Breastbone). Second,being involved in a shooting where it is pistol vs. rifle, take heavy odds on the rifle bearer. We carry handguns because we can. If trouble breaks out, a long gun is really preferable. Third, dont assume you will be reocgnized a hero, etc and may be a victim if mis-identified by LEO. Lay down your weapon and lie on the ground, hands and arms outstertched when the good guys arrive. You can be macho if you like, but you may be a dead macho type, also. Never assume that you will be recognized when trhying to help as a "good guy" even if you wear a white hat. LEO are now looking for more than one BG after the N Hollywood bank shootout, and the likes of the pair at Colombine HS.They might just think you're one of the BGs. That's why I try to have a "raid" jacket close to me, to id me as LE if need be. Fourth, protect your family first. Dont drag them into something needlessly. Train as best you can. Practice as best you can. ALWAYS do all of the good you can. Fifth, get a lesson or two on continuum of force. Sixth, get a copy of Massad Ayoob's excellent book "In the Gravest Extreme", and read it, then re read it. God bless America and those who try to protect her!! FM12
Old March 2, 2007, 11:05 PM   #79
gyrfalcon16

Quote:
...I am soon adding an FN 57 to my collection, so that should be able to stop them.
The FN Five-seveN will not do you much good without the appropriate ammo. If you're using SS190 you're most likely breaking the law.

Might as well just shoot them with your .17HMR :P
Old March 3, 2007, 12:13 AM   #80
Mikeyboy

If my 15 rounds of XD will not do the job, then I send in my High Powered backup, my PMSing wife.
Old March 3, 2007, 07:56 AM   #81
tshadow6

hi power back ups

My agency allows patrol deputies to carry AR 15 and Ruger Mini 14 at their own expense. Also, our Detention Transport division has two AR 15 assigned. Personally, I would love to carry my pistol grip Mossberg 12 gauge in my truck, but there is no place to secure it out of sight. A toolbox in the bed is not an option, I lose too much rear vision that way. I guess I'll settle for carrying my Glock 19 and as many spare magazines I can get.