The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 18, 2001, 03:50 AM   #1
3 gun

TFL Gun show feedback forum

Given the number of deals and offers posted and made in the "Gun Show" forum, I think a feedback forum would be a good idea. We could let other members know about who was easy to deal with, FFLs that handled the transfers and the cost, and who we should watch out for when doing online sales. Make it much easier to search for the info that now gets posted into a couple of forums. Just an idea.
Old August 18, 2001, 04:49 AM   #2
PreserveFreedom

Sounds interesting. If it is decided against, a good tactic for a common seller/buyer would be to list several members with whom he/she has done business. Then a potential buyer/seller could PM those members and ask how smoothly everything went. It could be kind of like having the feedback section that each eBay member has.

Old August 18, 2001, 09:48 AM   #3
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

I was thinking the same as PF, the eBay feeback system. The vBulletin software doesn't have a feature like that, but PF's suggestion comes as close to a solution as anything I can think of right now.
Old August 18, 2001, 10:58 AM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Perhaps an unlocked floating "Feedback" thread?

Spectre - what say you?
Old August 19, 2001, 03:15 PM   #5
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

I like the idea. Perhaps a forum that could include kudos to members, as well as info about special issues in a region (I remember a recent thread re Cali sales).

In space, the stars are no nearer
Old August 19, 2001, 05:29 PM   #6
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

While we're at it, perhaps this (new?) forum could include offers to trade services? We've seen a few recent offers to trade computer work, or automotive expertise, and other valuable commodities for firearms.

I think our members have a great opportunity for win/win situations, and I want to foster that. I think it can also help strengthen the local gunowning community, and heck- that's what TFL's all about.
Old October 2, 2001, 08:45 PM   #7
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

From http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...threadid=82330 :
I would suggest that this great billboard service, TFL, add a Forum for Buyer/Seller feedback. Of course, NO trashing or personal opinions could be allowed, JUST the facts:

"Sent money in January to XXXX, Did not receive product, Submitted grievance in April, Got money back in December, XXXX went to jail...

I also understand that it couldn't be set up quite the same as the rest, it would have to be more of a "enter username or e-mail address you wish to search on/ check here if you wish to add comment"

It would help us help each other.

Just a thought.
Old November 22, 2001, 04:06 AM   #8
3 gun

It seems to me that the number of feedback threads has been on the raise. Would now be a good time to think about adding a feedback forum again? I’d like to thank everyone I've dealt with from the board. Their goods and service has been A+ every time.