The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 5, 2007, 03:46 PM   #76
OBIWAN

Who said to let them go (although if they leave before the cops show up I suppose that might happen)

We were discussing the relative merits of going in after them...as in where "fools rush in"

If you must die, then by all means "die well"

But don't step in front of a bus just to make a point
Old March 5, 2007, 04:12 PM   #77
Smokin Joe

Quote:
Who said to let them go
read this tread again, there was this one dude who suggested a "safe room" where you hide in it as the burglars walk off with all your stuff.

NOW, that is the last post in this tread for me. I surrender.
Old March 5, 2007, 04:38 PM   #78
markj

Must be one heck of a TV

Getting shot hurts, ask anyone that has been. Dying for a TV isnt in my aganda. I can get another one, my kids cannot replace me. Use yer head and think about it. Fate worse than death? and what would that actually be? Dead is soooo final. Meth heads have shot up a few folks here, I will not be one of them. Good luck to you I hope you never have to find out the hard way....
Old March 5, 2007, 08:38 PM   #79
Smokin Joe

Its a Great TV !

Last edited by Smokin Joe; March 5, 2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old March 5, 2007, 09:04 PM   #80
Slopemeno

What do cops have that I dont? MORE OF THEM. With all due respect, if one dies I bet theres another in his area on patrol in a few hours. They take the risks so I dont have to. Thats what I pay for.
Old March 5, 2007, 10:08 PM   #81
HiltonFarmer

Quote:
Our rookies go through months of FTO training before they go solo. During the FTO programs, rookies are exposed to the real thing, not simulations.
With all due respect Capt Charlie, what happens after the training and having been on the job where the most they ever draw their weapon is maybe 1X/mo at the range. Do they continue the "real thing" training on a continual basis? Having so little practical experience time, do they really stay as sharp as they should be?

Experience is definitely gained by doing but the question begs to be asked; how often are they doing it?

Please don't get me wrong, if my house is broken into, I will call a LEO but it'll take them about 45 minutes to get to my 10-20. A long time before I could eat dinner.

HiltonFarmer
Old March 5, 2007, 10:25 PM   #82
kgpcr

Smokin Joe you scare my and i am a combat tested Marine. A guy like you should not have a ccw. I can see you are itching for a fight. Well i have been in enough to know there is nothing macho about it and you certainly dont sound macho you sound stupid. If there are people in my house and my family is outside then i call 911. If my family is inside and people are breaking in they will loose thier life if they dont retreat. A smart man will tell you that the best fight is one you dont have to get in. A fooling man will always choose to fight. A wise man knows the difference. I am not afraid of a fight my service record shows that but i wont shoot someo one for a TV. A life even a thiefs life is more valuable than a TV. If you dont think so then you are no better than they are and certainly not as smart. You are a person with a can of gas looking for a fire. I just hope you dont get burned when you find one.
Smith M&P 40
Old March 5, 2007, 11:05 PM   #83
Smokin Joe

Quote:
Smokin Joe you scare my and i am a combat tested Marine.
Oh please, I've been to vietnam and saw alot of stuff you have never seen. whatevers.. whatevers..

If I seem blood thirsty, thats because I didnt grow up here in the USA. I grew up in a place where criminals are not given cable TV and 3 squares a day, where the dark of society didnt go to crime because its easier than to find a real job. Where I am from, you get the firing squad for alot less than you would think.

I came from a country with 4 thousand years of history. not your 200 year old USA all respecting the lives of evil doers..

A criminals life is not valuable, they are a drain on society. Dirt that needs to be cleaned up.

I am sure, that no one here would be upset if the next day's headlines reads... " ALL OF AMERICA'S CRIMINALS HAVE DROPPED DEAD".

and to top it off, ALL THEIR ORGANS HARVESTED FOR TRANSPLANTS, SAVED THOUSANDS OF GOOD PEOPLE'S LIVES...

You see, the only people I will forgive for crime, is Kids. Kids dont know better, they have bad parents. but as an adult , you should know better, and if you want to steal from innocent hard working people, then you are scum, and you dont deserve the wonderful gift of a human body.

So you will die, and reincarnate as a turkey.

also, KGPCR,

ALSO.....

KGPCR:
Quote:
A life even a thiefs life is more valuable than a TV.
you must have some really crappy TV. I have a LCD HDTV, its awesome, you should see how crisp and clear DVDs are on it.... the screen is very big too, sitting on the couch its like you are in the theater !
Old March 5, 2007, 11:17 PM   #84
Smokin Joe

Look. if a criminal's life is worth so much, then WHY DOES THE DEATH PEANALITY EXIST ?

all throughout history, crimials are taken care of by killing them.

Hangings, electic chairs, gas chambers, beheadings, leathal injections, firing squads,

whats this with you oh so loving criminals?

Marine my hooah's hooie. When you go to combat, you arent fighting criminals, you are fighting THEIR COUNTRY's PATRIOTS.

YES, even al queida is considered themselves figthing for their own country and etc... though their methods may be misguided.
Old March 5, 2007, 11:19 PM   #85
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Ad hominems from the right... Ad hominems from the left...

This thread is done.
Closed Thread